Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 7:02 pm

What characters on TV do you relate to the most?

I think my choice would be Blanche Devereux from The Golden Girls. I'm not as socially outgoing as her but I can relate to her because we are both from Georgia and she's a very loving and caring person when it comes to her closest friends and family. She's also mouthy and fiery like me. :D

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 7:10 pm

In television, David Mazouz's Jake Bohm of the Fox Television series, Touch (if only so I could work opposite my young friend, Lukas Haas, after all these years, who isn't that young anymore).

In all media, Tom Hanks' Forrest Gump in Forrest Gump (yes, I spent years falling butt backwards into working with hundreds of celebrities, national and world leaders, and at least one royal). Go ahead, ask....

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 7:14 pm

TV Series: Spock (Leonard Nimoy) from the original Star Trek series.

Movies: Any "Hard-Boiled" film noir detective living in the big city world of danger, corruption, double crosses and duplicitous dames. An example would be the character of "Jeff" from the 1947 movie "Out of the Past", starring Robert Mitchum. Another would be "Philip Marlowe".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 7:28 pm

Well for "movies" I think I can relate most to Carrie from the movie of the same name.

I was bullied all throughout my childhood just like her and because I have severe anger problems due to having Bipolar Disorder I could see myself massacre an entire school for pushing me over the edge if I had the power of telekinesis.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 11:29 pm

Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation. Spock.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 2:22 am

(Potential Simpsons Spoilers Ahead).

There are a few, but the one that comes to mind first is Bart Simpson. I know that may seem surprising, but let me explain. He's a character that tends to vary depending on who is writing him and how exaggerated he is, and I relate more to how his character is presented in the earlier seasons. Listening to "The Bartman" and also"Deep, Deep Trouble" made me realise this.

He's a creative yet struggling student who is often underestimated by his teachers, and is prone to boredom. If that doesn't explain my experience with Primary and Secondary school, I don't know what will. Bart excels in language (rapping/poetry, and learning new languages quickly especially in that episode where he got stuck in France and learnt French by observation). I can relate to the first part, but not the bit about new languages. Although I'm not much of a rapper, I could come up with lyrics.

There have been episodes centring around Bart that have brought me to tears. Especially the one where he has to take a test and pass it, otherwise he risks having to repeat the school year. He struggles to concentrate, and feels sad seeing his friends and family have fun whilst he has to study. The episode doesn't shy away from the mental anguish this entails, and even after all his hard work he barely scrapes a passing grade. I can certainly relate to putting everything I have into a test, only to fail or pass by mere technicality. The Simpsons have made jokes before about the school only doing certain things to look good in statistics (in particular, when they didn't allow typically low-grade students to take an exam because they didn't want their point average to go down, which also happened in my school as well on certain subjects).

I best post this now, since this website is starting to wonder if I'm a robot. :lol:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 8:08 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
(Potential Simpsons Spoilers Ahead).

There are a few, but the one that comes to mind first is Bart Simpson. I know that may seem surprising, but let me explain. He's a character that tends to vary depending on who is writing him and how exaggerated he is, and I relate more to how his character is presented in the earlier seasons. Listening to "The Bartman" and also"Deep, Deep Trouble" made me realise this.

He's a creative yet struggling student who is often underestimated by his teachers, and is prone to boredom. If that doesn't explain my experience with Primary and Secondary school, I don't know what will. Bart excels in language (rapping/poetry, and learning new languages quickly especially in that episode where he got stuck in France and learnt French by observation). I can relate to the first part, but not the bit about new languages. Although I'm not much of a rapper, I could come up with lyrics.

There have been episodes centring around Bart that have brought me to tears. Especially the one where he has to take a test and pass it, otherwise he risks having to repeat the school year. He struggles to concentrate, and feels sad seeing his friends and family have fun whilst he has to study. The episode doesn't shy away from the mental anguish this entails, and even after all his hard work he barely scrapes a passing grade. I can certainly relate to putting everything I have into a test, only to fail or pass by mere technicality. The Simpsons have made jokes before about the school only doing certain things to look good in statistics (in particular, when they didn't allow typically low-grade students to take an exam because they didn't want their point average to go down, which also happened in my school as well on certain subjects).

I best post this now, since this website is starting to wonder if I'm a robot. :lol:

Yeah I always sympathized with Bart too. The show tries to make him out to be "evil" but he's really just a typical bratty little boy and they always try to make him out to be stupid compared to his sister Lisa but he's actually pretty smart in his own way.

Honestly Lisa is the one I can't stand sometimes because she has a tendency to be arrogant and I dislike the way she tries to force everybody on the show to see her point of view. Like the whole vegetarian thing. She reminds me a lot of my own sister (which is why I guess she's her favorite character on the show :lol: ).

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 1:03 pm

Anne Shirley from Anne with an E. In some ways at least.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 4:48 pm

Frank Grimes from the Simpsons episode Homer's Enemy

The bank teller from the classic Twilight Zone episode Time Enough at Last

The meek accountant from the Kojak episode Mouse

Harold Smith from Twin Peaks. I was also in love with Donna Hayward!

And Lieutenant Barclay from Star Trek: TNG

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2018, 4:52 pm

Spock of course. Also Castiel from Supernatural and the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.

LookWhoItIs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2018, 11:45 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:

I think almost everyone feels like Frank Grimes at some point in their life...being baffled as to why someone dumber than you is more successful.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 12:02 am

LookWhoItIs wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

I think almost everyone feels like Frank Grimes at some point in their life...being baffled as to why someone dumber than you is more successful.

And just like Frank Grimes we all eventually drop dead after feeling like we haven't accomplished anything worthy in our lives while people like Homer seem to have the world handed to them on a silver platter. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 12:23 am

Sgt Schultz from Hogan's Heroes. I'm big, slow, clumsy and emotional.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 11:49 pm

And you secretly help the americans.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Nov 2018, 6:15 pm

I'd guess Freddie from iCarly. He has a big crush on Carly & I have a mega huge crush obsession with the actress who plays her, Miranda Cosgrove

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 1:37 am

Cliff Claven of Cheers. As unlikable as Cliff the mailman is, I can't help but see myself in him. I also have jabbered on and on about topics that I'm intensely interested in till people around me get sick of it and are mean to me. Also, I imagine I have been unintentionally pretentious in my time, and had lived with my mother till my early thirties.
I'm pretty certain Cliff is on the spectrum.