Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 4:51 am

It is supposed to be so wrong for Russians working from supposed troll farms to generate pro-trump material over the internet to influence American voters.

Yet it seems to be perfectly okay for those from other countries to generate tons of anti-trump material over the internet nonstop to influence American voters.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 8:28 am

Welcome to the «New World Order» (One World Government) system of Orwellian-style control.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 10:51 am

EzraS wrote:
It is supposed to be so wrong for Russians working from supposed troll farms to generate pro-trump material over the internet to influence American voters.

Yet it seems to be perfectly okay for those from other countries to generate tons of anti-trump material over the internet nonstop to influence American voters.

Yeah well I don't trust any of the news anymore. I base my opinion on Trump off of what he himself says in his Twitter posts and what his nutty supporters are always saying.

You will never convince me that he isn't a monster even with all the lies that have been told from both sides in the media.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 10:56 am

It is supposed to be so wrong for those from other countries to supposedly generate tons of anti-Trump material over the internet nonstop to influence American voters.

Yet it seems to be perfectly okay for Russians working from troll farms to generate pro-Trump material over the internet to influence American voters.

I guess it all depends on your perspective.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 4:33 pm

I think it's incredible how the emphasis is placed on Russia's cyber activities, when LITERALLY ALL the major intelligence agencies acknowledge that Russia's cyber abilities dwindle before those of China, which is allowed to buy up our infrastructure and - in the UK - even our power plants!

The difference, of course, is that western big business makes a shedload of money out of China's slave labour services, and so the politicians and media that big business owns can't be allowed to criticize it.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 5:25 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I think it's incredible how the emphasis is placed on Russia's cyber activities, when LITERALLY ALL the major intelligence agencies acknowledge that Russia's cyber abilities dwindle before those of China, which is allowed to buy up our infrastructure and - in the UK - even our power plants!

The difference, of course, is that western big business makes a shedload of money out of China's slave labour services, and so the politicians and media that big business owns can't be allowed to criticize it.

Dem damn sneaky Chineseses!

First they stir fry cute little cats and dogs and now THIS?! :evil:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 9:27 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:

The emphasis is placed on russia because trump is supposed to be in collusion with russia.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 9:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
It is supposed to be so wrong for those from other countries to supposedly generate tons of anti-Trump material over the internet nonstop to influence American voters.

Yet it seems to be perfectly okay for Russians working from troll farms to generate pro-Trump material over the internet to influence American voters.

I'm not seeing anything throughout msm where it's being pointed out that thousands of people form other countries are on the internet via twitter, instagram, facebook et al condemning the current administration and trying to get americans to turn against it. Why isn't msm going on about troll farms within the uk and its commonwealths?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 10:13 pm

Where are these left-wing troll farms? How much are they paid? There's a difference between paying someone to spread ideas on the internet and people doing it on their own time.

The fact is that a lot of people in other countries don't like Trump and if you can't deal with with other people's opinions than you should stay in your safe space and keep off the internet.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 11:13 pm

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I'm not seeing anything throughout msm where it's being pointed out that thousands of people form other countries are on the internet via twitter, instagram, facebook et al condemning the current administration and trying to get americans to turn against it. Why isn't msm going on about troll farms within the uk and its commonwealths?

Are any of these foreign users misrepresenting themselves as Americans? Are they being organized and given a specific script by the governments of their countries to alter the American political landscape and to sow discord? Therein lies the difference.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:26 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Where are these left-wing troll farms? How much are they paid? There's a difference between paying someone to spread ideas on the internet and people doing it on their own time.

The fact is that a lot of people in other countries don't like Trump and if you can't deal with with other people's opinions than you should stay in your safe space and keep off the internet.

What I'm asking is why is it being called forgien interference when it comes out of russia, but not when it comes out of other countries.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 4:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Are any of these foreign users misrepresenting themselves as Americans? Are they being organized and given a specific script by the governments of their countries to alter the American political landscape and to sow discord? Therein lies the difference.

Possiby. I doubt that it's being investigated. I know several who are and have been here at least, who either don't list where they're from or give a fictitious location. A lot of them do sound like they're reading from the same script. Quite honestly there's been a few times I've thought to myself, are these people all taking the same class?

Now I'm not saying those from other countries shouldn't express their opinions. I'm talking about those who flip their lids over forgien interference, but only over one country.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 8:23 am

EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

What I'm asking is why is it being called forgien interference when it comes out of russia, but not when it comes out of other countries.

It's all interference of some sort. But the US tends to advocate for Democratic interests, and Russia advocates for it's own authoritarian and undemocratic interests. One is obviously morally superior. But whatever, they will do what they want. The illegal thing is Americans cooperating with foreign entities to alter the election, that's illegal under US law.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 10:03 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Possiby. I doubt that it's being investigated. I know several who are and have been here at least, who either don't list where they're from or give a fictitious location. A lot of them do sound like they're reading from the same script. Quite honestly there's been a few times I've thought to myself, are these people all taking the same class?

Now I'm not saying those from other countries shouldn't express their opinions. I'm talking about those who flip their lids over forgien interference, but only over one country.

Then who are these countries? how do you know they are lying about their locations?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 10:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Then who are these countries? how do you know they are lying about their locations?

You asked me if foreign users misrepresenting themselves as Americans. I said I don't know because it's never been investigated as far as I know, unless they're from Russia or supposedly from Russia.

I didn't say the others are lying about their locations, although some might be, just that they don't have a location in their profile or it says something fictitious like "the scarlet jungles of krypton".

But what difference does it make? If someone on twitter from the UK or Canada or wherever is making all kinds of partisan comments about US politics, do their comments carry less weight if they have their actual location listed, and carry more weight if they have US listed instead?

And most of the people outside of America who go on and on about US politics, sound like they're from here. Because one isn't likely to assume someone so deeply involved in talking about US politics isn't an American.

It's been pointed out over the years, that it seems like here at least, that those who post the most about US politics are not from the US. Ad they seem pretty insistent that Americans should vote the way they want them to.

Which is fine, I suppose. I'm just pointing out what seems to be a double standard.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 12:16 pm

My favorite bit from Britain TV:

As per why other countries care - the United States isn't a singular entity that has no impact on the world. Everyone everywhere is impacted by what other countries are doing. It's like asking why right-wingers and Trump berate other countries so often, in their mind they are being impacted by etc. Similarly other countries view the U.S. in the same light. Although I don't agree with Trump and his ilk berating China, I take no qualms in them doing so - just like I take no qualms in other countries speaking badly about the "United" States; both have the freedom to speak out for or against whomever they wish to do so and to be called out for it. As others have stated, speaking ill of another country is in no way similar to a country posing as who they're not and sending bots.