2019 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 11:19 am

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2019 nominees are ...

Quote:
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on Tuesday announced its nominees for induction into the 2019 class, and it's a mix of new and old candidates.

It's the first time Def Leppard, Devo, John Prine, Roxy Music, Stevie Nicks and Todd Rundgren have made the list.
Rapper LL Cool J and the group Kraftwerk have made the list four times before.
Other nominees this year are Janet Jackson, MC5, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, The Cure and The Zombies.

To be eligible, an individual artist or band must have released its first commercial recording at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination.

Fan will once again have the opportunity to vote for their favorites.
They can visit Rockhall.com through December 9 to cast votes for who they believe to be most deserving of induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a "fans' ballot" that will be tallied, along with the other ballots to choose the 2019 inductees. Voting is capped at one ballot per day.

Inductees will be announced in December. The 2019 induction ceremony, presented by Klipsch Audio, will be held at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on March 29 and broadcast on HBO and SiriusXM.

A lot of excellent nominees this year. The only acts that should not be in IMHO are Stevie Nicks and the Zombies and maybe Janet Jackson. Those three are excellent talents but did not have as much long lasting effect on rock and pop music as the others.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has not been a purely rock music hall for the longest time now. It is a rock music and anything that influenced rock, or was influenced by is in the hall these days. I vote based on that reality.

I voted for Devo, MC5, Roxy Music, Kraftwork, Def Leppard

Of couse there are too many deserving acts not on the ballot and not yet in to name in one post. As an alternative guy I am sorry Kate Bush is not back on the ballot. I think The Cure is deserving but Siouxsie and The Banshees should be the first “gothic” act in.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 09 Oct 2018, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 12:06 pm

Rock & Roll is still alive?

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 11:35 pm

Very much so and Stevie Nicks is very influential considering her work with Fleetwood Mac.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 5:25 am

I disagree, I feel like the Zombies had a pretty big influence, especially when you consider they only had two albums. Odessey and Oracle is one heck of an album.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 9:24 am

thewrll wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Rock & Roll is still alive?
Very much so and Stevie Nicks is very influential considering her work with Fleetwood Mac.
Stevie Nicks is still alive?!

I thought she'd OD'ed years ago!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 10:43 am

How about Jethro Tull?

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

11 Oct 2018, 7:38 pm

I Support Rage Against the Machine, Roxy Music, and the MC5, in that order. Since you can pick 5, #4 is The Zombies, #5 is Radiohead.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 12:03 pm

I hope The Zombies get inducted into the Hall of Fame. I also think that The Monkees deserve a chance as well.