Nightmares about ex-friends.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:10 pm

Even when I sleep I can not escape the memories of my ex-friends. My latest ex-friend sometimes appears in my dreams and she has a boyfriend by her side while I am still alone. Last night I had a nightmare about the ex-friend before her moving into the town next to the city I live in and she was drinking with her girlfriend (She was bisexual and polyamorous when I knew her) at my older brother's brewery despite how in the real world she didn't like him. I fear I will keep having these dreams until I either die or finally gain some success if that's even still possible for me.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:25 pm

Do you like reading? You could join a book club as a way to meet people. Maybe its a good idea to get involved with things other than work. How is therapy? Is it helping at all?

I have dreams about people too. While Im dreaming I dont feel lonely. Its like having actual company. Then when I wake up I feel pathetic because theres nobody around me and it was just a dream.

serpentari
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Oct 2018, 6:05 am

every friendship tie severed is a wound in my heart. though, my nightmares are too multylayered to figure out most of times. so cant give a good answer for this. but well, many ties that had been severed, i recovered. it takes hell lot of effort and faith, but it can be done.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 7:44 am

Marknis wrote:
Even when I sleep I can not escape the memories of my ex-friends. My latest ex-friend sometimes appears in my dreams and she has a boyfriend by her side while I am still alone. Last night I had a nightmare about the ex-friend before her moving into the town next to the city I live in and she was drinking with her girlfriend (She was bisexual and polyamorous when I knew her) at my older brother's brewery despite how in the real world she didn't like him. I fear I will keep having these dreams until I either die or finally gain some success if that's even still possible for me.

People tend to dream about things they have thought about or encountered in the past two weeks of their life. They are also more likely to remember their dreams if they think about them immediately after waking up.

I think if you kept yourself busier you would ruminate less about these things and dream about them less.

When I wake up on a work day I don't often remember my dreams because I have to start thinking about what I have to do that day, and when I am at work, my job is such that most of my focus is on my work and the people I am engaging with.