Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 10:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
:huh: :scratch: tax cuts just for the wealthy only empower more fascists to come out of the woodwork.

tax cut 2.0 is to the poor/make the middle class tax cuts permanent , and offer additional tax cuts and benefits for the middle class
https://www.businessinsider.com/house-g ... ote-2018-9

The evil Fascists (Democrats mostly) want to keep our money and use it for their own plans.

The only tax cuts made permanent will be those for the rich. And as always, those funds will end up in the savings accounts of the wealthy, rather than being reinvested, meaning no new workers would be hired.

you can thank the evil GOP fascists for that. "thank you sir, may I have another?" time for the pitchforks and flaming torches IMHO.

Let the wealthy right see the shades of the French Revolution.

i'm not in favor of guillotines but let them rot in prison eating their tax cuts with a side order of bubba.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 10:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
:huh: :scratch: tax cuts just for the wealthy only empower more fascists to come out of the woodwork.

tax cut 2.0 is to the poor/make the middle class tax cuts permanent , and offer additional tax cuts and benefits for the middle class
https://www.businessinsider.com/house-g ... ote-2018-9

The evil Fascists (Democrats mostly) want to keep our money and use it for their own plans.

The only tax cuts made permanent will be those for the rich. And as always, those funds will end up in the savings accounts of the wealthy, rather than being reinvested, meaning no new workers would be hired.

you can thank the evil GOP fascists for that. "thank you sir, may I have another?" time for the pitchforks and flaming torches IMHO.

Let the wealthy right see the shades of the French Revolution.

i'm not in favor of guillotines but let them rot in prison eating their tax cuts with a side order of bubba.

Good enough. :lol:

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 2:48 am

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2018, 11:31 pm

Even if he himself isn't a fascist(I personally think he's a crypto-fascist- i.e closeted fascist), he gives open fascists an air of legitimacy. There's a reason why they came out of the woodwork following his candidacy. There's a reason why we have the monsters marching in our streets. It's because at least to them, it's cool to be a Nazi again. He's what I like to call a fellow traveler at least; someone who either directly or indirectly helps fascists through what I mentioned above. The term was used originally for communists, but now I feel it's appropriate to apply it to far right extremists.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:35 pm

our recent ancestors sacrificed their blood by the gross to fight fascism, and only for fascism to pop up again in America itself just a few years later.

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2018, 11:46 pm

It's really and truly shameful. The fact that we have Nazis marching in the streets and attacking anti-fascists with police directly or indirectly aiding the Nazis ought to tell us how messed up our society is. If they tried that 70 years ago, they would've have bricks thrown at them by most people. Nowadays a lot of people just watch.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:48 pm

we have become a nation of sheeple.

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

18 Oct 2018, 12:02 am

I think getting continually screwed by corporations and brainwashed by the likes of the Koch brothers has a lot to do with it. In my opinion, it has everything to do with the disaster that was 1968. If RFK or Gene McCarthy had gotten on the ticket, I don't think we'd be in this mess right now. Again might be entirely due to my obsession with the 1960s, but I feel this was a great turning point in American history.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 12:06 am

It had been said that there is two halves of Germany's soul - the free spirited, bohemians typified in the Wiemar years and much of Germany today, and the authority worshiping racists of the Kaisers and the Nazi era. Well, there are two sides of the American soul as well - the America that loves liberty and equality for all more than life itself, and the America that is racist, exclusionary, and is willing to kill for for those ugly ideals.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 12:11 am

if only Vietnam never happened.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:33 am

auntblabby wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
that is NOT working class. people at mickey D's don't make that much money.

That's *household* income.

$28,000/yr household income is poor/working class people.

that is "middle class" to me, I don't make that much.

Didn't you say because of your low income you qualify for subsidies? What about other things low income people get like affordable housing and EBT etc?

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:46 am

auntblabby wrote:

People are too afraid to think for themselves.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2018, 1:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
It had been said that there is two halves of Germany's soul - the free spirited, bohemians typified in the Wiemar years and much of Germany today, and the authority worshiping racists of the Kaisers and the Nazi era. Well, there are two sides of the American soul as well - the America that loves liberty and equality for all more than life itself, and the America that is racist, exclusionary, and is willing to kill for for those ugly ideals.

"Western" conservatism has a nasty streak of social darwinism that isn't is prevalent in other places. Fascism isn't only about fending off the "other" outside the borders, it's about culling "degenerate" people within. Eugenics in the form of forced castrations for "undesirables" was popular in the US in the 1910s and 1920s. The Nazi's read the writings of US eugenicists and decided to take things one step further. The true absurdity is most people of the far-right have below average IQ. They have high levels of aggression, low levels of empathy, and low intelligence.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
America has long had a proto-fascist streak a mile wide and deep.

Tru but thankful him and his party were removed in 2016

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:38 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

People are too afraid to think for themselves.

A lot of them are on the left and cal themselves Democrats.
Bunch in the right too.
Democrats are elitist who only Carr about themselves too. People here act like the Democrats are all Jesus walking around helping the poor and not rich elite stuffing their pockets.
Democrats call for illegal immigrants from their mansions al why having security and refusing to open their mansions for refugees and homeless and keeping their money. Democrats take 500million dollar vacations, buy billion dollar yachts and mansions. They just as bad as rich republicans.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:07 pm

NoClearMind53 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

"Western" conservatism has a nasty streak of social darwinism that isn't is prevalent in other places. Fascism isn't only about fending off the "other" outside the borders, it's about culling "degenerate" people within. Eugenics in the form of forced castrations for "undesirables" was popular in the US in the 1910s and 1920s. The Nazi's read the writings of US eugenicists and decided to take things one step further. The true absurdity is most people of the far-right have below average IQ. They have high levels of aggression, low levels of empathy, and low intelligence.

Very correct.