National Geographic or your Interest-based TV show

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

evilsithwraith666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Oct 2018, 9:58 am

My interests don’t really have their own channels- I like history, geography( I spend many hours just analyzing maps), paleontology( in my view though that is history just not human history) and especially warfare- I find most of the stuff I want to watch as either free documentaries on my fire-stick, or I use Netflix. Cable/regular tv is practically useless for what I want to watch, apps on smart tv is infinitely better.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 10:36 am

I think a show called "Life Below Zero" is a National Geographic show? I could be wrong on that. It's on Netflix. I found it very interesting for awhile. The only problem with it is that it's maddeningly repetitive. Even so, the basic premise of people living a solitary life in an extremely harsh environment that most people don't want to inhabit but that can be beautiful is interesting to me. There's one person featured on the show, Sue Aikins, who lives near the Arctic Ocean and who lives alone with no human contact for over half the year. I'm convinced she's an Aspie. I could see myself living like she does.