How do girls feel about long beards?

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ladies, would you date someone with a long beard?
Yes 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Oct 2018, 7:53 pm

This guy eats out his beard & does other crazy stuff with it :arrow:

Peter Griffen had a bird lay eggs in his beard :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 8:07 am

Personally, I think beards on almost all men look repulsive and uncivilised. I make an exception for moustaches, however, though I don't have one myself. What I especially don't understand is this recent stubble nonsense; until about five years ago to have stubble was a sine qua non of being unkempt/tramp-like, and now, all of a sudden, it's "fashionable". I can't fathom it. Just goes to show how far standards have slipped.

The only men I know of who could pull if beards are Dick van Dyke and Jonathan Frakes.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 8:43 am

Prometheus18 wrote:
Personally, I think beards on almost all men look repulsive and uncivilised. I make an exception for moustaches, however, though I don't have one myself. What I especially don't understand is this recent stubble nonsense; until about five years ago to have stubble was a sine qua non of being unkempt/tramp-like, and now, all of a sudden, it's "fashionable". I can't fathom it. Just goes to show how far standards have slipped.

The only men I know of who could pull if beards are Dick van Dyke and Jonathan Frakes.

These days it's not so much having a full-on, legit BEARD as it is stubble consistency. If I'm in a hurry/too busy to shave, I just use the same clippers I use to cut my hair. A quick adjustment yields the perfect salt-and-pepper middle-aged I'm-too-cool-to shave look. Normally I like a good clean shave to start out the week. By Friday I start to resemble my hero Ridge Forrester, minus the wavy locks:

It's a good look, but girls won't kiss you like that.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 9:18 am

Prometheus18 wrote:

I agree on the stubble thing. In my opinion, there's no way around it, it just looks slovenly. You're correct that in the business world up until less than ten years ago it would have been unacceptable for a man to go to the office with a week's worth of unshaven stubble regardless of what he's wearing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 9:54 am

My gf literally tells me ‘don’t dare to shave’
She says I make her feels old when I shave lol.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 10:08 am

I just can't believe that standards have slipped so far that we can go, in the space of two or three generations, from having men looking like this:

To, THIS - I have to pinch myself - being considered the height of attractiveness:

Source: IMDB.

I think THAT is the clearest proof yet of just how insane, how screwed up, the world is. One looks like the height of elegant masculinity, the other is a cheap, shabby, effeminate tramp one might expect to find lying in the gutter.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 10:28 am

Cary looks like he's got a bit of a hitler tash going on there :lol:

I'd rather look like Tom than Cary if I had to choose. ( my facial hair is a bit like Tom's at the moment only with grey patches )

I'm a bit of rough :lol: I've been told I look o.k. when I have normal hair , my hair has also been referred to as 'murder hair ' as in I have a murderer's hairstyle and I don't mean this

more like this

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Last edited by SaveFerris on 17 Oct 2018, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 10:33 am

Mustaches make you a hero:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 10:45 am

^ I didn't understand a word of it ( well maybe the English words ) but I got the gist , tashe's make women swoon and Ching's chutney is a real bum burner - great advert Boo :lol:

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:03 am

SaveFerris wrote:

I'd rather look like Tom than Cary if I had to choose. ( my facial hair is a bit like Tom's at the moment only with grey patches )

I'm a bit of rough :lol: I've been told I look o.k. when I have normal hair , my hair has also been referred to as 'murder hair ' as in I have a murderer's hairstyle and I don't mean this

I think the moustache you mention is a shadow.

As for your second paragraph, I cannot conclude anything other than that you're

a) Joking
b) Trying to wind me up
c) Mentally ill (beyond just AS).

The two are barely members of the same species; I think it would be an undue compliment to say that Hardy looks like an ape in his pic.

Is it just because you've been TOLD that Hardy is an attractive male specimen? I hope you realize that the overwhelming majority of human being are standardless fools who are incapable of making such a judgement which is why their judgements are made for them by the advertising industry.

Please tell me, by what OBJECTIVE standard, Hardy looks any better than an ape in the picture posted.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:18 am

Prometheus18 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

a) Joking
b) Trying to wind me up

The two are barely members of the same species; I think it would be an undue compliment to say that Hardy looks like an ape in his pic.

Is it just because you've been TOLD that Hardy is an attractive male specimen? I hope you realize that the overwhelming majority of human being are standardless fools who are incapable of making such a judgement which is why their judgements are made for them by the advertising industry.

Please tell me, by what OBJECTIVE standard, Hardy looks any better than an ape in the picture posted.

I have never knowingly seen a picture of the scruffy man you posted a picture of under the picture of Cary Grant so I have no idea who that is. From the picture I don't see what's "effeminate" about him.

He's human, so I also don't get the comparison of him to an ape.

I'm in full agreement with you that the neat and dapper appearance of Cary Grant seems more "put together" whereas in the other picture, the man appears to me to be disheveled. Objectively I don't think anyone could argue otherwise.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:21 am

Prometheus18 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

a) Joking
b) Trying to wind me up

Doesn’t matter whether it’s media brainwashing. That’s completely irrelevant. It just IS, and like it or not we have to deal with it. If standard X, whatever the trend dictates, is considered attractive, THAT is what we have to go with.

If you DON’T go with the majority, you have to either: a) accept that you won’t be considered attractive and figure out a more meaningful use of your time/energy, or b) figure out how to sell your own strengths to compensate for your flaws...or just say, “what flaws? This is what I am, it is awesome, and if you want my awesomeness you have to accept it.”

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:33 am

Prometheus18 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

a) Joking
b) Trying to wind me up

Umm O.K. , so because I have a difference of opinion I must either be Joking , On a wind up or mentally ill :jester:

I tell you what , find me a picture of an ape that resembles Tom Hardy and maybe I might agree with you.

And as for my judgement being made by the advertising industry maybe I am but you are still brainwashed from decades ago ( while you were still in the womb )

And if you saw a photo of me you would probably refer to me as the missing link but does that make you right - does it f**k - it's all about preferences which is what this thread is about..

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:55 am

Magna wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

a) Joking
b) Trying to wind me up

I have never knowingly seen a picture of the scruffy man you posted a picture of under the picture of Cary Grant so I have no idea who that is. From the picture I don't see what's "effeminate" about him.

He's human, so I also don't get the comparison of him to an ape.

I'm in full agreement with you that the neat and dapper appearance of Cary Grant seems more "put together" whereas in the other picture, the man appears to me to be disheveled. Objectively I don't think anyone could argue otherwise.

The scruffy man in question is Tom Hardy, a mediocre actor from Britain (alas). I've never seen any of his films and never will; I just googled something like "most attractive men in 2018" to make my Cart Grant point and he - somehow - was top of the list.

Of course Hardy is biologically human (again - alas); I compared him to an ape because he seems to be a human with more than the usual share of ape like qualities - excessive hair, lake of grace/ refinement, etc.

AngelRho wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

a) Joking
b) Trying to wind me up

Doesn’t matter whether it’s media brainwashing. That’s completely irrelevant. It just IS, and like it or not we have to deal with it. If standard X, whatever the trend dictates, is considered attractive, THAT is what we have to go with.

If you DON’T go with the majority, you have to either: a) accept that you won’t be considered attractive and figure out a more meaningful use of your time/energy, or b) figure out how to sell your own strengths to compensate for your flaws...or just say, “what flaws? This is what I am, it is awesome, and if you want my awesomeness you have to accept it.”

I don't believe for one second that the majority has a monopoly on what's right in aesthetics any more than morals - it was a majority that elected Hitler. One could more rightly say that the majority is the standard of what's WRONG.

SaveFerris wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

a) Joking
b) Trying to wind me up

Umm O.K. , so because I have a difference of opinion I must either be Joking , On a wind up or mentally ill :jester:

I tell you what , find me a picture of an ape that resembles Tom Hardy and maybe I might agree with you.

And as for my judgement being made by the advertising industry maybe I am but you are still brainwashed from decades ago ( while you were still in the womb )

And if you saw a photo of me you would probably refer to me as the missing link but does that make you right - does it f**k - it's all about preferences which is what this thread is about..

I wasn't trying to be insulting: I GENUINELY don't understand how anyone can consider that picture attractive, and would like to find out, because it baffles me.

I certainly wasn't in my mother's womb in the 40s, being as she wasn't born until 1972. As for my being brainwashed, this can hardly be the case as Mr Grant was attractive by OBJECTIVE standards - a high degree of facial and body symmetry, well dressed, manly, charming and so forth. Again there is no OBJECTIVE standard by which the Hardy picture is attractive, because he is dishevelled, badly dressed and has coarse, unhealthy skin.

Of course, I respect your opinion, but I just don't understand it, and probably never will. I don't want my flabbergasted tone to give people the impression that I'm trying to be uncivil, it's just that the glorification of the unkempt appearance as something attractive is the feature of the modern world of which I'm least cognizant, despite myself being a "millennial".

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 12:15 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I wasn't trying to be insulting: I GENUINELY don't understand how anyone can consider that picture attractive, and would like to find out, because it baffles me.

I certainly wasn't in my mother's womb in the 40s, being as she wasn't born until 1972. As for my being brainwashed, this can hardly be the case as Mr Grant was attractive by OBJECTIVE standards - a high degree of facial and body symmetry, well dressed, manly, charming and so forth. Again there is no OBJECTIVE standard by which the Hardy picture is attractive, because he is dishevelled, badly dressed and has coarse, unhealthy skin.

Of course, I respect your opinion, but I just don't understand it, and probably never will. I don't want my flabbergasted tone to give people the impression that I'm trying to be uncivil, it's just that the glorification of the unkempt appearance as something attractive is the feature of the modern world of which I'm least cognizant, despite myself being a "millennial".

I didn't find your comment insulting, I just found it annoying that just because someone doesn't have the same view as you there must be something wrong ( it's an autistic thing I know but it's still annoying to me )

I can't really answer your question as I don't have the answers but if I had to guess it probably has something to do with biology ?

You should probably look into why some woman like a bit of rough or a bad boy.

On another note , back in the 70's women's pubic hair were a wild affair and it seemed the wilder the better , nowadays the highly manicured or shaved look seems desirable :?: , which one would you prefer for breakfast ? fashion and trends change with the wind , if you never change your style you will ultimately be out of style quite quickly but in a decade or two be the height of fashion again.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 12:45 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

a) Joking
b) Trying to wind me up

I must be sub-human. I couldn't care less what is fashionable or trendy. I would fit right in with the wildlings.