Does anyone view themselves as normal?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2019, 4:30 am

I like to see myself as normal, but I dare not say that on WP because everybody here are stubborn about how Aspies are not normal, even those of us who are in jobs, relationships and live independently. But according to some members here, all allistics are normal....which means somebody with severe mental retardation who requires 24-hour care all their lives are more normal than me.... :?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Feb 2019, 10:37 am

I'm normal for me but I'm not normal when compared to NTs

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2019, 10:43 am

I am very boringly normal... Yet, at the same time not normal at all.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 3:56 pm

I consider myself normal because none of my hobbies are stuff a abnormal person does. I think lots of people enjoy video games, music, makeup, clothes shopping, stuffed animals, coloring and reading. I think abnormal is not knowing how to act in public and certain situations.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Last edited by xxZeromancerlovexx on 01 Mar 2019, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 3:59 pm

I figured out I was different in grade school, though I don't remember exactly what grade it was.

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

03 Mar 2019, 9:57 am

BTDT wrote:
I figured out I was different in grade school, though I don't remember exactly what grade it was.

Same here. I remember from 3rd grade to 6th grade, kids were always making fun of me, calling me names and excluding me from activities and I never knew why. I also got pulled out of the room to take tests, go to OT, reading support, math support and speech while most of the other kids stayed in the room. I think it was by 5th or 6th grade that I started to figure out that I was different and weird compared to everyone else which didn't sit well with me. Once I even started crying saying that I had "too many problems" and that I was "mental" compared to others. I said those things because my feelings were hurt from being bullied a lot in school which eventually led to me becoming a very shy, quiet, timid and withdrawn person with low self-esteem in junior high and beyond. Before junior high, I wasn't shy and it felt a little easier to talk to people.