President Trump: 'My biggest threat is the Fed'

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump is at the tail end of his life, and probably in the early throes of dementia, making a coup unlikely. It's Don Jr. who is exciting the Trump fan club these days. With true fascistic adulation, Trump voters act like school girls getting their first kiss when Don Jr. stumps for this or that Republican candidate. This Trump is just as devious and corrupt as his old man, and very probably no more smart. But like his dad, he understands how to rope in the Trump fan club, and can do it without spouting the bigotry and general idiocy of his old man, even though he doubtlessly holds those same ideas.

Barron Trump is who should be feared. Just think The Omen and add blonde hair.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:46 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump is at the tail end of his life, and probably in the early throes of dementia, making a coup unlikely. It's Don Jr. who is exciting the Trump fan club these days. With true fascistic adulation, Trump voters act like school girls getting their first kiss when Don Jr. stumps for this or that Republican candidate. This Trump is just as devious and corrupt as his old man, and very probably no more smart. But like his dad, he understands how to rope in the Trump fan club, and can do it without spouting the bigotry and general idiocy of his old man, even though he doubtlessly holds those same ideas.

Don Jr. is a lot scarier, and has dark hair.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 6:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Tbh it all sounds like high octane paranoia to me. So much myhos and superstition to fear and battle. The earth is dying, the nazis are taking over - we have to do something about it!

Do you ever consider the possibility that maybe you're being taken for a ride?

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

18 Oct 2018, 7:28 am

Crap I thought if Trump Senior kicked the bucket we'd be out of the woods. And yeah it does seem like Y2K on a bunch of drugs. I then when we write about the Trump admininstration, it'll be a dark spot on our history on par with Richard Nixon, the genocidal treatment of the Native Americans and the Red Scare.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:38 am

jamthis12 wrote:
Crap I thought if Trump Senior kicked the bucket we'd be out of the woods. And yeah it does seem like Y2K on a bunch of drugs. I then when we write about the Trump admininstration, it'll be a dark spot on our history on par with Richard Nixon, the genocidal treatment of the Native Americans and the Red Scare.

I don't see how the middle one fits in with the other two.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 6:30 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Tbh it all sounds like high octane paranoia to me. So much myhos and superstition to fear and battle. The earth is dying, the nazis are taking over - we have to do something about it!

Believe me, I genuinely hope I'm wrong about this.
Do you ever think that downplaying the GOP's embrace of the extreme right, and the rejection of climate science might just be a terrible mistake?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Tbh it all sounds like high octane paranoia to me. So much mythos and superstition to fear and battle. The earth is dying, the nazis are taking over - we have to do something about it!

Do you ever think that downplaying the GOP's embrace of the extreme right, and the rejection of climate science might just be a terrible mistake?

What I am downplaying is the overall hyperbole I see that they are Nazis out to eliminate minorities, the poor, the disabled and destroy the planet.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:40 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Tbh it all sounds like high octane paranoia to me. So much mythos and superstition to fear and battle. The earth is dying, the nazis are taking over - we have to do something about it!

What I am downplaying is the overall hyperbole I see that they are Nazis out to eliminate minorities, the poor, the disabled and destroy the planet.

But Nazis are out to destroy minorities. Whether they'll ever have a means to do it again is something we all should pray never happens again.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

But Nazis are out to destroy minorities. Whether they'll ever have a means to do it again is something we all should pray never happens again.

Let me rephrase that more clearly: What I am downplaying is the overall hyperbole I see that they THE VILE REPUBLICANS are NAZIS out to eliminate minorities, the poor, the disabled and destroy the planet. Be afraid, be very very afraid and vote Democrat if you want to save humanity.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 8:02 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Let me rephrase that more clearly: What I am downplaying is the overall hyperbole I see that they THE VILE REPUBLICANS are NAZIS out to eliminate minorities, the poor, the disabled and destroy the planet. Be afraid, be very very afraid and vote Democrat if you want to save humanity.

Those Republicans who deny climate science - or any science for that matter - don't have to be Nazis to destroy the planet. Or more likely, make it uninhabitable for us humans.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 8:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Those Republicans who deny climate science - or any science for that matter - don't have to be Nazis to destroy the planet. Or more likely, make it uninhabitable for us humans.

The overall pitch is that's all of them. If people can't be scared on an individual basis, then they need to be scared on a colletive basis. One way or another you are in great paril if you don't vote democrat.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 10:42 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

The overall pitch is that's all of them. If people can't be scared on an individual basis, then they need to be scared on a colletive basis. One way or another you are in great paril if you don't vote democrat.

Sort of like How Trump is playing up on fears of brown immigrants and Islam to get people to vote Republican?