Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 4:07 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LBGrnBDJlUQ

55 yrs ago : FRWL premiere
(50 yrs ago : OHMSS starts filming in Swiss , for the first time a new 007)
45 yrs ago : LALD premiere (1st Moore)
35 yrs ago : OP premiere

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 5:57 am

I hate James Bond. I know everybody loves those movies but to me he's just a snooty designer suit-wearing narcissist who plays around with women and claims to "save the world" when all he's really doing is keeping corrupt first world countries like ours in power. Oh and he likes to kill a lot of "badguys" in a completely cold blooded fashion.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 2:27 pm

Well , the bad guys usually deserves it and often very dangerous men (Red Grant , Zorin , Sanchez etc) that pose a danger to many :wink:

No idea why he shot Stromberg so many times "south of the border" , you would think twice would be enough lol

Bond was created 1952 , a loooong time ago........same with Tintin , Tintin in Kongo is considered racist today but it was made 1930 , a whole different time

Last edited by collectoritis on 23 Oct 2018, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 2:35 pm

collectoritis wrote:
Well , the bad guys usually deserves it and often very dangerous men (Red Grant , Zorin , Sanchez etc) that pose a danger to many :wink:

Yeah but I see James Bond as being just as evil. :P

And I always feel bad for the poor henchmen who get killed either by James Bond or their own bosses. I wonder how many of them were just trying to earn money to support their families and left wife and kids widowed and orphaned every time they got killed? :(

Yeah I hate action movies because I don't view them the way everybody else does. I see nothing admirable about a hero who takes countless human lives with no remourse and screws around with lots of women basically cheating on every one of them. People wonder why violent crimes are so much higher among males I mean look at who their role models tend to be. :P

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 2:39 pm

People were violent during 1933-45 in Germany despite there not being films or video games 8O

"poor henchmen who get killed"

The hench women in AVTAK (Jenny & Pan Ho) were not innocent at all : they torched SF mayors office with gasoline after hed been killed , conspiracy to commit murder (same with Zorins investors who were prolly arrested when authorities found out theyd invested in Zorins sick plan , mass murder conspiracy)

They prolly knew Tibbett was gonna be killed in that french car wash too.......poor guy

So no , they werent always innocent

If anything Im sure many of them were ex cons and other dangerous people , like Loque in FYEO

Last edited by collectoritis on 23 Oct 2018, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 2:49 pm

The Bond girls know very well that Bond has many women so they know what they are getting into

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 2:52 pm

collectoritis wrote:
People were violent during 1933-45 in Germany despite there not being films or video games 8O

"poor henchmen who get killed"

The hench women in AVTAK (Jenny & Pan Ho) were not innocent at all : they torched SF mayors office with gasoline after hed been killed , conspiracy to commit murder (same with Zorins investors who were prolly arrested when authorities found out theyd invested in Zorins sick plan , mass murder conspiracy)

They prolly knew Tibbett was gonna be killed in that french car wash too.......poor guy

So no , they werent always innocent

No they weren't innocent but they were still human beings in my opinion. I don't like seeing human beings get killed like it's "cool" and fun for the hero to do.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 2:56 pm

Well , the bad guys are often killed in 007 , kung fu , SW , Arnold and Sylvester films......take Scorpio in Dirty Harry , he was very dangerous and if Harry didnt get him alive then hed have to kill him......hell , most people wouldve killed him in real life

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 5:05 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I hate James Bond. I know everybody loves those movies but to me he's just a snooty designer suit-wearing narcissist who plays around with women and claims to "save the world" when all he's really doing is keeping corrupt first world countries like ours in power. Oh and he likes to kill a lot of "badguys" in a completely cold blooded fashion.

Do you not seem to realize that James Bond is not an actual person and that it's just an actor playing him? :roll:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 5:53 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Do you not seem to realize that James Bond is not an actual person and that it's just an actor playing him? :roll:

I hate his character. What's wrong with that? I'm supposed to like his character and those movies just because everbody else does? :roll:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 6:43 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I hate his character. What's wrong with that?

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but do you also not seem to realize that Daniel Craig (the current actor playing James Bond) is not an actual MI6 agent? :roll:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 6:48 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I hate his character. What's wrong with that?

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but do you also not seem to realize that Daniel Craig (the current actor playing James Bond) is not an actual MI6 agent? :roll:

Yes I am very aware of that. I'm not a dumbass like you seem to be implying.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 1:36 am

I actually find myself rooting for Blofeld. Hey, cat lovers gotta stick together!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 2:00 am

Kind of fun fact: in the original books, Bond is written to be a pretty boring and unlikeable character ("A blunt instrument" I think Fleming described him as) around whom a lot more weird and interesting things happen. The whole charismatic playboy thing is just what happens when you cast Sean Connery.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 4:41 am

Most heroes are generic when you think about it : Bond , He-Man , Tintin , MacGyver etc

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 5:30 am

TW1ZTY wrote:

Depends on the movie/actor. You might like On Her Majesty's Secret Service, he gets married in that one 8O

It's also supposed to be the movie that's most faithful to the books, but I haven't read that one yet. His personality is quite a bit different in the novels. And they're a lot more realistic: no sci-fi gadgets and what-not.