Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 2:30 pm

Piobaire wrote:

A great gesture indeed.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 6:36 pm

If you guys have ever been or are living in Europe, only synagogues have armed guards/security around them while churches and mosques don't. The types of people to have threatened/perpetrated attacks against Jewish targets believe in either of those ret*d notions (types of antisemitism):

1) The Jews are evil because they killed Jesus so we need to take 'em out in retribution (Religious Fanatics)
2) The Jews are non-while Christians therefore they are lesser and have be banished/disposed of (KKK)
3) The Jews drink Palestinian blood for breakfast therefore Israelis are evil (BDS)
4) The Jews are part of "Dar El Kharb" (House of War - infidels) therefore unrelated/related to Israel they are to be either put under Muslim rule (and pay taxes) or by refusal to do so be exterminated (ISIS)

the 5th notion that doesn't matter is 5) The shooter is a supporter of Donald Trump and thus this shooting has a political implication... this is stupid because it doesn't matter who the shooter voted for anymore than what was his favorite fast food restaurant and hey maybe Burger King endorses antisemitism now.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 6:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

A really profound gesture proves that even though religion was invented to create differences between people, we are all humans and we share this planet together, and ought to help one another. Sorry for double post.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 12:01 am

...I was wondering about the Rosenthals.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 10:06 am

What to know as Pittsburgh synagogue mass shooting trial begins

Quote:
Nearly four and a half years after a mass shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue took the lives of 11 people, the trial for the accused gunman is slated to begin Tuesday morning.
Twelve jurors and six alternates were chosen last week to sit on the trial of the accused gunman that began Tuesday morning after about a month of questioning more than 200 potential jurors.

Accused gunman faces 63 charges
Bowers faces 63 charges, including 11 counts of hate crimes resulting in death and 11 counts of obstruction of free exercise of religion resulting in death.

Prosecutors are seeking the dealth penalty for Bowers, a move that many of the families of the victims support.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges after prosecutors turned down a deal offered by attorneys for Bowers that said he would plead guilty in exchange for a life sentence without parole.

How officials are combatting antisemitism
As jury selection for the trial began last month, local and federal officials have announced that they are monitoring hate threats against Jewish people that have ticked up since the trial proceedings began.

Shawn Brokos, director of community security for the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, said that officials were monitoring “general chatter in support of the defendant … and his hateful vitriol” online earlier this month. She said that synagogues in the area have received security improvements and said at the time that no threats had been made.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman