Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 10:15 pm

There was actually a report of a diver who was accidentally sucked into a whale sharks mouth only to be spit out immediately. They're basically the big babies of the sea.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 10:37 pm

I am fond of the nurse sharks I've seen when canoeing. I had a black tip circle me while fishing hip deep in the Ten Thousand Islands. 8O That was a little more thrilling than I generally care for. But when I was a child, the hammerheads were the most awesome.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 10:54 pm

Bullsharks because they can go anywhere, freshwater or saltwater.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 8:09 pm

A friend used go out into the gulf of mexico in his Hobie (I thinks that's the name. Basically a kayak powered by bicycle like pedals and a propeller), until a shark bigger than his hobie boat swam past him. He was too chicken to go out in the craft again.

The two oddest sharks would be the Megamouth ( a plankton filter feeder not as big as the basking and whale sharks, but with an excessive big rubbery mouth, and the "cigar shark" aka "the cookie cutter shark". The cookie cutter shark is less than a meter long but instead of devouring game it simply takes a chunk out of you and runs away. Its bandsaw like teeth cut a nice plug of meat out of the hides of bigger fish, or human bodies, or of the plastic sonar domes on submarines. Their work looks as precise as that of a cookie cutter.