Trump plans concentration camps for caravan migrants

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 1:02 am

^ it’s not our responsibility to care for all the worlds population, though you all didn’t want us to be the worlds policie? Mean if we going house and care for most of South America we should send our military and take the land and resources.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 1:04 am

South America is a pretty huge continent. Is the whole thing in shambles to where there's no place to migrate to there? And if it is are we supposed to take them all in? How big is the next caravan going to be? I don't think questions like these should be brushed aside as if they don't pertain to significant issues.

Last edited by EzraS on 02 Nov 2018, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 1:10 am

EzraS wrote:
The example you gave of Cambodian refugees was a one time deal. People pouring over the boarder illegally into America has been an increasing chronic problem for decades. Theory of mind is also needed to understand why Americans are fed up with it. I mean if NZ had already had a decades long problem of a significant number of Cambodians illegally entering and residing there, would that refugee influx have been as welcome? Now I personally am not affected by any of it, so I don't mind it. But I understand why others do. And with 450,000,000 people living in Central and South America, one has to wonder how many more caravans there might be and how much subsequently larger would they be. With 12,500,000 illegal residents on top of that. Is there no point in which a line should be drawn?

Yeah but trumps brilliant plan is to cut any aid to those countries that might help the people there, and then punish them if they dare try to migrate with refugee status. I mean IDK the europeans didn't seem to care much about what the people who already lived here wanted hell they even killed natives off. But here we have people fleeing from impossible situations not even threating violence or with means to obliterate most of the current population here and people are freaking out. We still have not made proper amends or accommodations for Native Americans that suffered those atrocities. And we want to talk about putting up walls and keeping people out....what is this, its just gross.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 1:12 am

sly279 wrote:
^ it’s not our responsibility to care for all the worlds population, though you all didn’t want us to be the worlds policie? Mean if we going house and care for most of South America we should send our military and take the land and resources.

It may be our responsibility not to contribute to it though, and the U.S or at least some U.S corporate pigs have contributed to the horrible situations in south america in various ways, so unfortunately it kind of is partially the responsibility of this country.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 1:16 am

EzraS wrote:
South America is a pretty huge continent. Is the whole thing in shambles? And if it is are we supposed to take them all in? How big is the next caravan going to be? I don't think questions like these should be brushed aside as if they don't pertain to significant issues.

That is not what I said, I am simply suggesting we can't turn them all away on the basis of 'Merica you come from somewhere else so your not welcome in these parts!' type attitude. A lot of them should under normal regulations be able to get refugee status, they aren't even just 'immigrants' many of them are in a more refugee type situation.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 1:19 am

This country is gross, can France revoke the statue of liberty they gave us and take it back? because clearly we don't need it here in Trump's America. It hardly represents the path this country is taking now...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 1:23 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:
The example you gave of Cambodian refugees was a one time deal. People pouring over the boarder illegally into America has been an increasing chronic problem for decades. Theory of mind is also needed to understand why Americans are fed up with it. I mean if NZ had already had a decades long problem of a significant number of Cambodians illegally entering and residing there, would that refugee influx have been as welcome? Now I personally am not affected by any of it, so I don't mind it. But I understand why others do. And with 450,000,000 people living in Central and South America, one has to wonder how many more caravans there might be and how much subsequently larger would they be. With 12,500,000 illegal residents on top of that. Is there no point in which a line should be drawn?

Yeah but trumps brilliant plan is to cut any aid to those countries that might help the people there, and then punish them if they dare try to migrate with refugee status. I mean IDK the europeans didn't seem to care much about what the people who already lived here wanted hell they even killed natives off. But here we have people fleeing from impossible situations not even threating violence or with means to obliterate most of the current population here and people are freaking out. We still have not made proper amends or accommodations for Native Americans that suffered those atrocities. And we want to talk about putting up walls and keeping people out....what is this, its just gross.

So how many out of 450,000,000 people should we let in before drawing a line? Nobody seems to want to answer questions like these.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 1:24 am

careful, the maga brigades will all vomit in unison, "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!." even if it has become little more than a de facto fascist oligarchy.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 1:25 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
This country is gross, can France revoke the statue of liberty they gave us and take it back? because clearly we don't need it here in Trump's America. It hardly represents the path this country is taking now...

Yeah yeah we get it America sucks and Trump is the biggest as*hole on the planet.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 2:00 am

Is he going to force them to work then in these camps and keep them on the brink of starvation? Is he going to murder lots of them?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 2:21 am

EzraS wrote:

You are thoroughly incorrect in your surmise that the Camboidans were a "one time deal". New Zealand has been doing this for decades, it paid for Polish orphans in large number to come here and become citizens after the Second World War when no other country would help them (they wandered homeless in Europe in the Middle East for a long time after they were liberated from Russian camps at the end of the war, so desperate that they were reduced to eating grass in the Middle East, until the Shah of Iran took pity on them and housed them in one of his palaces until a country stepped up to offer them a permanent home) and there have been many many similar refugees and desperate people seeking political asylum since in every decade - including young dispossessed Afghanistans left helpless and homeless after the Americans and Russians made the plight of parentless young people there worse.

We are now negotiating to take the pitiful people kept prisoners without any human rights that Australia is imprisoning (illegally) on Nauru whose suffering is horrendous. New Zealand is not a heartless country, it never has been and I hope it never will be. We honour international law, unlike some of our official allies.

We also give political asylum to persecuted and desperate people from what your President so uncouthly labelled "s**thole countries" like Somalia, and Muslim countries which discriminate against the human rights of (for example) gay men who face terrible victimisation from their governments. My city has a vibrant resettled population of Middle Eastern refugees none of whom have ever committed acts of terrorism against New Zealand after resettlement. We provide extensive support free of charge during their acclimisation period for months after arrival. It may shock many in the USA to consider that we have only once been the victim of a terrorist attack from a foreign power - the French Government launched a terrorist attack in the major New Zealand port in the 1980s, bombing a ship and killing an innocent photographer who was on board the ship (the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior). (France objected to New Zealand's firm objection to France, the USA and Britain detonating nuclear bombs in the Pacific which all 3 countries did recklessly and often until relatively recently).

The difference between New Zealand humanitarian support and the USA's hostility to political refugees may partially be explained by differences in cultural values. The preeminent value in New Zealand is the ethos of a "fair go" for all people, regardless of race, religion or country of origin; the preeminent value in the USA is rabid individualism, where getting as much as you can get for your own exclusive benefit is paramount.

At least the USA has developed sufficient conscience to have stopped detonating nuclear bombs in the Pacific, causing grievous injury to the people who lived on Bikini atoll and other parts of the Pacific.

Certainly the USA has suffered grievous terrorist attacks, which other countries have not had the misfortune to endure. It rarely seems ponder in any depth as to why this might be so, though the rest of the world is not mystified by that disparity.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 3:04 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
sly279 wrote:

It may be our responsibility not to contribute to it though, and the U.S or at least some U.S corporate pigs have contributed to the horrible situations in south america in various ways, so unfortunately it kind of is partially the responsibility of this country.

So you’re going take in a family right?
Bet you won’t. Neither will anyone else on your side especially those super rich celebrities with mansions that have 20+ empty rooms and hundreds of millions of dollars in their bank accounts.
We don’t need to pay for the mistakes of the past. We can not care for them, will you gladly become homeless and lose social security for these illegals? Cause that’s what I made cost us. We have so many homeless and poor we need to care for them firsr, the government can’t even hardly pay $765 to people on social security and you want to bring in millions more poor people. You want to turn our nation into the nation they ran from then it’ll be us needing to caravan into Canada.

The nation much like you or me only has so much money.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 3:20 am

I would have thought that the USA is a much richer country than New Zealand is, and in fact it is. Money doesn't explain the discrimination which the USA practices and politicises.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 3:34 am

B19 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You are thoroughly incorrect in your surmise that the Camboidans were a "one time deal". New Zealand has been doing this for decades, it paid for Polish orphans in large number to come here and become citizens after the Second World War when no other country would help them (they wandered homeless in Europe in the Middle East for a long time after they were liberated from Russian camps at the end of the war, so desperate that they were reduced to eating grass in the Middle East, until the Shah of Iran took pity on them and housed them in one of his palaces until a country stepped up to offer them a permanent home) and there have been many many similar refugees and desperate people seeking political asylum since in every decade - including young dispossessed Afghanistans left helpless and homeless after the Americans and Russians made the plight of parentless young people there worse.

We are now negotiating to take the pitiful people kept prisoners without any human rights that Australia is imprisoning (illegally) on Nauru whose suffering is horrendous. New Zealand is not a heartless country, it never has been and I hope it never will be. We honour international law, unlike some of our official allies.

We also give political asylum to persecuted and desperate people from what your President so uncouthly labelled "s**thole countries" like Somalia, and Muslim countries which discriminate against the human rights of (for example) gay men who face terrible victimisation from their governments. My city has a vibrant resettled population of Middle Eastern refugees none of whom have ever committed acts of terrorism against New Zealand after resettlement. We provide extensive support free of charge during their acclimisation period for months after arrival. It may shock many in the USA to consider that we have only once been the victim of a terrorist attack from a foreign power - the French Government launched a terrorist attack in the major New Zealand port in the 1980s, bombing a ship and killing an innocent photographer who was on board the ship (the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior). (France objected to New Zealand's firm objection to France, the USA and Britain detonating nuclear bombs in the Pacific which all 3 countries did recklessly and often until relatively recently).

The difference between New Zealand humanitarian support and the USA's hostility to political refugees may partially be explained by differences in cultural values. The preeminent value in New Zealand is the ethos of a "fair go" for all people, regardless of race, religion or country of origin; the preeminent value in the USA is rabid individualism, where getting as much as you can get for your own exclusive benefit is paramount.

At least the USA has developed sufficient conscience to have stopped detonating nuclear bombs in the Pacific, causing grievous injury to the people who lived on Bikini atoll and other parts of the Pacific.

Certainly the USA has suffered grievous terrorist attacks, which other countries have not had the misfortune to endure. It rarely seems ponder in any depth as to why this might be so, though the rest of the world is not mystified by that disparity.

America has 37,000,000 legal immigrants, 85,000 refugees and 550,000 American citizens living in tents.

As for the 12,500,000 illegal immigrants:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 3:39 am

What percentage of the total population is the 85,000 refugees (who I assume are now citizens)?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 3:53 am

B19 wrote:
I would have thought that the USA is a much richer country than New Zealand is, and in fact it is. Money doesn't explain the discrimination which the USA practices and politicises.

Is New Zealand 18+trillion in debt and about to end or decrease their social security due to it running out of money and running a deficit?
Cause the USA is, our economy could collapse at any time if our debt is called on and that day is coming eventually, can’t just keep adding debt. We’ve kicked the cab down the road so many times. Every 3-6 months we face a government shut down.
So no we aren’t richer.
Again we have a lot of poor people as is and a lot of homeless on top of that we have people starving to death and freezing to death
We are not in any shape to take on more.
You make 81 billion a year and have 83 billion debt if you didn’t do anything else you could pay your debt in a year it’d take us like 10-15 years to pay ours off. We have even worse civilian debt.
Can I come to New Zealand? Bet your government would send me packing. Canada would send me packing since I don’t make enough as I make nothing seems Canada doesn’t want to add drain to their nation why should a Crippled USA do it?
You have nothing to losfrkm this I do. If this happens and the USA collapses into anarchy you won’t be hurt or care. You’ll be safe in nz

Last edited by sly279 on 02 Nov 2018, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.