Do you ever find yourself crying about your duties?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 9:34 am

Hi:
I have always have this issue where I want to in a higher position but I have often found myself being stuck doing simpler things while other people seem to do things that I want to do.

Examples
1. I am titled as a research and project assistant but lately, I have been stuck doing more clerical type things even though I have an associate and I am currently earning my bachelor's. While other people get to do more research related things.

2. When I was younger, I got stuck doing all the cleaning at a food court instead of prepping food and I would cry every time

Anyone else experience this?

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2018, 5:21 pm

Yes, it happens to me sometimes. But I also knew I chose a profession (nursing) that is/can be stressful. Thankfully I work alone for the most part so I don't have to deal with coworkers except to give report to the oncoming PM nurse at the end of my shift, and I only see my supervisor (who is wonderful!) once a month when she makes her monthly visit to my patient's home.

Needs_Anonymity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2018, 9:07 am

I cry in the car at least once a week. I cried this morning. Somehow I've only cried twice in the office (only one time was audible), but I've been in this job less than a year.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 1:58 pm

I'm sorry your jobs make you cry. Recognize that working is more draining for you than for NTs, and give yourself a little kindness on these occasions.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 2:30 pm

Doing stuff like clerical work for a company can be a great way to learn about how things are done where you work. And, if your are an Aspie, likely to be a more efficient way than having someone tell you how they want stuff done.