Is there such a thing as Aspie-ish or NT-ish musical tastes?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Vastarien
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Aug 2007, 10:51 pm

I tend to like bands and artists that use a highly layered sound, the kind of song that builds itself into a massively complex wall of sound and emotion that takes you somewhere deep inside. Even minimalist artists like the Cure can do that for me, but it has to be done right for me to enjoy it. Gary Numan does this amazingly well, so does Dragonforce.
For some reason, the denser sounds are just strangely soothing to me.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2007, 3:51 am

The only thing I think I've noticed is that a lot of aspies tend to duck from anything that's got an immersive amount of emotional grime, a really stoned and immersive melody, or a real emotionally reticent melody (aka. kinda anti-climactic and controlled), me I love it. Not to say that lots of NT's aren't into that either but I find more NT's I think who get into that side of things. If I've noticed any aspie trends its been things like nu-metal, rap metal, Weird Al and Frank Zappa, 80's, if its hip hop its the lighter side, and usually almost anyone I met who listened to j-pop and video game music it would be hard to imagine them being anything else (unless they're Japanese - its their culture so I'll give em a pass ;) ).