Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

magnetowasright
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Nov 2018, 4:21 pm

I'm in my mid-thirties, but my voice is still high pitched and I'm often mistaken for a woman because of it. And I cannot grow a full beard. Even when I go months without shaving, I only grow a bunch of stubble.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 8:38 pm

Have you asked a doctor about this? I think there are testosterone pills and other types of delivery systems.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 6:59 pm

You need to get your doctor to do blood tests for Testosterone, ideally free testosterone levels, which are more accurate than the other generic testosterone levels.

If you can, get yourself referred to a qualified and experienced Endocrinologist.
If you cant find one, there are some pathology labs that offer tests that can be brought online.

If you live in the US.
There is a well known Testosterone expert who owns Mens Health Boston.
The main doctor there is Dr Abraham Mogentaler MD, who wrote the book Testosterone for life.
Brilliant book. well informed.

Mens Health Morgentaler MD

flownawy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2019, 12:27 pm

How often you masturbate?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Sep 2019, 12:38 pm

Your problem could be that you don't have low testosterone but instead have a higher ratio of estrogen to testosterone. Lots of things can be affected by the testosterone to estrogen ratio. If that is the case(& I do NOT know if it is or is not) meds that reduce estrogen could help as well as meds that increase testosterone. Do you have breasts? That is one way you can help guess if you have a higher ratio of estrogen to testosterone.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Justin101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Sep 2019, 2:34 pm

Well maybe you should be female then?

If you're set on being male then do exercises like squats, deadlifts etc and take supplements that boost testosterone.

In many respects you're lucky, if I take supplements that help gym I end up becoming sexually overdriven and with a constant temper. Think I'd rather be a little more like you so such problems were mitigated and I could excel in the gym without being an idiot.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Sep 2019, 3:49 pm

Justin101 wrote:
In many respects you're lucky, if I take supplements that help gym I end up becoming sexually overdriven and with a constant temper. Think I'd rather be a little more like you so such problems were mitigated and I could excel in the gym without being an idiot.
I know what you mean. I take a med specially to lower my testosterone to reduce my sex drive, reduce/slow down male-pattern baldness, & reduce my body & facial hair growth. I did a bit of research on things before trying meds & some other guys who lowered their T have written posts & blogs about problems they had cuz of a high sex drive & how their temper is better with lower T. I'm not gonna say I have a better temper but I do feel a tad better mentally having lower T. Some of that could be that I disliked having a higher sex drive.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition