How many weeks until I can return too normal activity?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 6:03 pm

Next year I am planning too get my septum fixed in my nose in an operation since it’s deviated.

How many weeks after the operation is done until I can return too normal activities such as going out too see my friends etc....?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 7:48 pm

You might even be able to resume normal activities the same day. It's same-day surgery.

You can't drive, though.

And you can't lift heavy things, or blow your nose for a little while.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 8:03 pm

Jamesy wrote:
... How many weeks after the operation is done until I can return too normal activities such as going out too see my friends, et cetera ...?
Only the person performing the surgery can give you a correct answer, and only after examining you in person, both before and after the procedure.

Every person's body responds differently to surgery. Every person's recovery time is different, too.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 8:22 pm

Thanks for the advice guys

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Nov 2018, 4:51 am

I had that surgery done a couple years ago cuz it may of been contributing to sinus problems & sleep apnea. I took it easy for a couple weeks till the bleeding quit & till the stuff that was put in my nose was removed(I forget what it's called). I probably could of been doing most normal activities a couple days later but I waited that long because I didn't want to risk aggravating things or making things worse.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 5:20 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
... How many weeks after the operation is done until I can return too normal activities such as going out too see my friends, et cetera ...?
Only the person performing the surgery can give you a correct answer, and only after examining you in person, both before and after the procedure.

This.
Your surgeon is the only person who can tell you how long to wait before restarting various activities.

With nasal surgery they will specify times for:
How long until you can drive (if you do drive)
How long must you not blow your nose for
How long to refrain from exertional exercise.

Surgeons usually have a printed list with this information on it to give to you, along with other info on what to do before and after surgery. This is so you have a written guide you can refer to at any time so you can make sure you are complying with their directions. It's certainly more convenient than ringing the surgeon's rooms 20 times after surgery to ask them!