Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Jake6238
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Nov 2018, 7:48 pm

I just watched the news coverage of the exchange between Jim Acosta, the president and the 'intern'. From the un-doctored footage it's very clear there was no aggressive act by Acosta toward the intern, yet the WH is using that excuse to revoke his credentials.

It got me thinking about lies in politics in general and how there are zero consequences for politicians when they lie. I get you have to lie sometimes for national security, foreign relations etc but what happens when they lie for greed or petty self-preservation? Nothing seemingly.

My first instinct is to vote them out but where do I place my vote when damn near every politician is lying these days? Could there be some system to actually keep politicians honest and not just point out dishonesty as the press does?

Probably off challenging as many social norms in as little time as possible

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 8:53 pm

Mr. Acosta has a condition called "Big Head".

He thinks White House rules of decorum shouldn't apply to him, because of his BIG HEAD.

He thinks his many questions are more important than the other fifty reporters in the room waiting to ask their questions, because of his BIG HEAD.

He wastes everyone's time with his pointless, partisan questions, however, he doesn't care cause he's got a BIG HEAD and he's putting on a show.

His BIG HEAD makes him oblivious to the concepts of respect, courtesy, fairness to others.

That's why Trump suspended his access.

Hopefully, Mr. Acosta will seek treatment for his BIG HEAD.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 9:21 pm

White House defends doctored Trump-Acosta clip used to justify reporter's ban - Press secretary stood by decision to revoke CNN reporter’s access and sharing video edited to make his actions more aggressive

Quote:
The video, originally made by an employee of Infowars, a far-right conspiracy website, shows Acosta’s reaction to a White House employee who tried to grab a microphone from him while he attempted to question Donald Trump at a press conference on Wednesday.

The video is cut so that it appears that Acosta tries to forcefully use his arm to push away the White House staffer’s arm, rather than use his arm to pull back the microphone.

The White House press secretary, Sarah Sanders, shared the video on Twitter on Wednesday night and said: “We stand by our decision to revoke this individual’s hard pass. We will not tolerate the inappropriate behavior clearly documented in this video.”

Despite the video’s dubious origins, Sanders doubled down in a White House statement on Thursday saying “The question is: did the reporter make contact or not? The video is clear, he did. We stand by our statement.” ...

The network said: “[The revocation] was done in retaliation for his challenging questions at today’s press conference. In an explanation, press secretary Sarah Sanders lied. She provided fraudulent accusations and cited an incident that never happened. This unprecedented decision is a threat to our democracy and the country deserves better. Jim Acosta has our full support.”

How it was done

Video expert shares how the Acosta clip was doctored to make reporter look like the aggressor

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 1:03 am

Trump deliberately attempts to make his press conferences in alignment with the lowest common denominator of reality tv. That shouldn't be surprising, that's what the USA elected for its president. He is repeatedly performing this chapter which can fairly be called his "rabid raccoon" reality episode. He is what he is, don't blame the targets.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 6:16 am

Politicians lie because then public allow them to.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 6:53 am

White House journalists are not supposed to be White House stenographers, scribbling down the Emperor's fact-free blitherings as if they're holy writ. Acosta was doing what journalists are supposed to do in any functioning democracy; holding those in power accountable and calling them on their BS. That's real journalism; not the pubescent gushing adoration of some fawning Fascist fanboy like Sean Hannity. Sarah Sanders is a professional liar and Fascist propagandist, and bullying the White House Press Corps by promulgating faked video from a source as ludicrous as 'Infowars" is conclusive proof positive.
A free press is the cornerstone of democracy; so much so it's referred to as the 'Fourth Estate'. Trump has made it abundantly clear he would greatly prefer the press to be hammered into Der Stürmer's model, and confine themselves to tamely printing official press releases verbatim and fictitious masturbatory adulation of himself.

Photos of sparse inauguration crowds faked on Trump's orders to make crowds look bigger

Anyone who believes a single word from that lying sack of s**t and his evil minions is a f*****g idiot.
Sorry; there's just no nice way of putting it.

Jake6238
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Nov 2018, 8:13 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Mr. Acosta has a condition called "Big Head".

He thinks White House rules of decorum shouldn't apply to him, because of his BIG HEAD.

He thinks his many questions are more important than the other fifty reporters in the room waiting to ask their questions, because of his BIG HEAD.

He wastes everyone's time with his pointless, partisan questions, however, he doesn't care cause he's got a BIG HEAD and he's putting on a show.

His BIG HEAD makes him oblivious to the concepts of respect, courtesy, fairness to others.

That's why Trump suspended his access.

Hopefully, Mr. Acosta will seek treatment for his BIG HEAD.

Acosta was challenging the President on a blatantly racist GOP ad. If that isn't a time to stand up to the president when is? It's a journalists job to put elected officials on the spot and get answers from them, it's the foundation of a functioning democracy.

Jake6238
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Nov 2018, 8:15 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Politicians lie because then public allow them to.

I agree with you, we should vote out or not vote for politicians that lie. But, we need politicians and they all seem to lie so it's like we have no choice but to vote for liars whatever happens because that is all that's on offer.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 8:29 am

Piobaire wrote:
White House journalists are not supposed to be White House stenographers, scribbling down the Emperor's fact-free blitherings as if they're holy writ. Acosta was doing what journalists are supposed to do in any functioning democracy; holding those in power accountable and calling them on their BS. That's real journalism; not the pubescent gushing adoration of some fawning Fascist fanboy like Sean Hannity. Sarah Sanders is a professional liar and Fascist propagandist, and bullying the White House Press Corps by promulgating faked video from a source as ludicrous as 'Infowars" is conclusive proof positive.
A free press is the cornerstone of democracy; so much so it's referred to as the 'Fourth Estate'. Trump has made it abundantly clear he would greatly prefer the press to be hammered into Der Stürmer's model, and confine themselves to tamely printing official press releases verbatim and fictitious masturbatory adulation of himself.

Photos of sparse inauguration crowds faked on Trump's orders to make crowds look bigger

Anyone who believes a single word from that lying sack of s**t and his evil minions is a f*****g idiot.
Sorry; there's just no nice way of putting it.

This. So much this!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:11 am

Trump is not really into a fundamental First Amendment Right----namely "Freedom of the Press."

Hence, he has dictatorial tendencies.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 2:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4m848bh1iY

It's still Really 'Back to the Future' Where
"Biff" Is President or a Mix Between
"GoldMember" and or "Fat Basturd"
off the 'Austin
Powers'
Version
of 'Agent
007 'and 'Goldmember'
And to Be Clear Now; 'Gold
Member' is Like a Mushroom too;
Like That Should Part of Any President's
Resume too for Public Audience Review.
What Else; God Yes, Minions 1, 2 and 3
With Me too too. Where there is a Certain
'Segment of Society' That Will Come to Pick
the 'Most Despicable Leader Of All and Follow
Them through the Deepest Never Before Lands of Deceit and Lies.

Perhaps, it wouldn't be so Bad But Even More 'Evil' is Coming
Out of the 'WoodWork' as we Speak; but it's true IT Is When
Counting Votes Becomes a Conspiracy Theory of Fraud when
The Most that Can and Will be Said is Incompetence with NO Evidence of Fraud.

Ping Ping Ping Ding Ding Ding Dong Pinocchio Trump's Nose is even Growing Longer
than the Golden Bottled Hair Strands on the Top of His Head in a Wind of Continuing Lies.

But here's A thing, 'Class'; Square Root one Benefit and Problem too; Apes Stronger Together
Whether Hairless like 'Them' or Hairfull like 'Us'; hehe, except i'm not Worried About Wrapping Fur
Around the 'Crown' of my Head; for i Am Full Inside With Overflowing (LoVE) Empathy, Sympathy, and Compassion
in Empathy of Cognition too, to Give And Share Freely With Nary Ever a Worry of Sinking Empty Inside as 'Little
Men' Will Always Seek Some kind of Supply of Lies and Deceit to Cover up Empty Shells of Heart with little to
No Real Human Soul Within; But anyway, Lies Thrive off of Ignorance As 'Any' Shady Used Car Sales Person will
Admit once they Get Away Far Enough From the Car Lot to Make Fun of all their Ignorant 'Marks' who cannot
seem to tell the Difference Between A Falsehood or a Truth. And sure a lot of it is literal Ignorance as that has
Nothing Now Necessarily to Do with Standard IQ at All; And lots more to Do with a Deficit of Cognitive Empathy
Where a Wedge Issue Like Abortion for those With Feathered Nests who have Never Faced an Eat
Or Not Eat; or Survive or not Survive Situation Faced With a Difficult Choice for an Abortion Now;
Where Even in Old Catholic Mexico, Where Illegal Abortions are still as Many as in the United
States where Higher Rates of Death and Disability and Misery and Suffering for all Living
Beings Concerned comes to Fruition; as Yes, Ignorance Does Literally Harm and Kill Still
More Than Smart First World Countries WHeRe Folks who would Like to Stay Amongst
Those in the Know Still Live Now For What Harms Less or More now; Overall, as
Abortions are Fewer Now than they were Before Family Planing Was Then
Funded as Well as Safe Medical Abortions as Legal too, of course in the U.S.

It's A CHURCH thingie most; a Wedge Issue on Abortion and the
Horror at the Catholic Church even expressed By A Hypocrite
Priest who went against Gentile, Jew, Servant, Free, Woman And
or Man no More to Exclaim Hail to A New 'Anti-Christ' Against That
in Charge when he was elected; as 'this' Priest said the Catholic Church
in so many other Words, could no longer See this Country as the United States
Since the Obama Helped Gay Folks get the Right to Get Married as the Catholic
Church and others still can't seem to get their Heads out of the Old Testament and
Come Into the Future of Gentile, Jew, Servant, Free, Woman And or Man no More, in
Other Words Labels Exclusive
Do Not Apply Now Correctly
to Either
God or the
Kingdom of Heaven
Within at Hand always
in this Generation Now
where there is no claim
that it will ever be found
anywhere else but now in
Some Alternate Reality of A Dirt Nap Now.

Wow; Imagine how many Fewer Frowns there
Would be in the World if Ignorance Did not Reign
Greatest Amongst the Close to 38 Percent of Age
65 and Older Folks who Comprise those who Actually
Do Get Out and Vote who are now the Majority Audience
as Gray Hairs in Almost Every Church of Every Denomination
Now since the Opiates Among the Masses are Generally Speaking
Free in all Forms of Electronic Entertainment now; From Home to Online too.

Problem is; 'Those' Electronic Folks' are not Amongst 'Apes Stronger Together'; And Yes,
Older Now too in Churches Around the Country where Pastors Pray with the Congregation
to Vote for who ever Supports these Two Biggest Wedge Issues now as that Surely
Continues to Apply To Red States of this 'Minion' Demographic Now. It doesn't Matter
How Despicable the Leader is in Deceit and Lies as Long as the QuarterBack 'You' Elect
Supports in Words at Least the Wedge Issues at Hand; But once Again, it doesn't Matter
if it is Ignorance or not; for Votes and Elections are a Game of Numbers and Math Just
Doesn't Lie when the Voting Machines are Working Correctly at least and Folks are
Competently and Legally Doing their Jobs Correctly When Harvesting the Votes.

Wow; I love all Human Beings; But Trump as Far as Despicable Leaders go inundated
with over 5000 Misleading Statements and Falsehoods Now that Actually Harm People
too as History now Shows too; yes, he is Quite a Challenge but True Light Comes From
Dark and Now More Young Folks have Been Woken UP in Greater Light and Love by the
Dark Force 'Minion' Leader Trump; and By God, yes, More Young Folks Voted this Go around
And Less 'Gray Hairs' per the Demographic of all the 'Apes Working together' as 'Minions' too
to get their Way in Church Congregations too; just so the Different Among Us Will Never Get Not
Only THeir Right to Life; but also in addition that Old Declaration of Independence that Says A Right
to Liberty and the Pursuit of Each Person's Flavor of Happiness too along with the Right to Be 'Minions'
And Vote
For 'Despicable
Leaders' who continuously
Bring Misleading Statements
And Falsehoods to 'the Minions'
As Just another Easy Mark as any
Shady Used Car Sales Person will
Say while off in the Distance
Snickering about the
Ignorant
Even
'Buying
the Used
Lemon'; even
IF the Sales Person
Shot someone in Public;
but wait; that's Hyperbole;
Shady Used Car Folks Are Not
Recorded Saying That but the
Despicable Leader up top now
Verily is
on
Record
of saying
that as the
Most Despicable
Leader the United
States as ever voted
in for the Right to be 'Minion' too.

The Answer is simple; Young Folks get out
And Vote for there are many More of you who
are Liberal and Actually Believe more along the Lines
of What Bernie Sanders Brought to the Table under the
Age of 65 now; if you don't Vote; ironically, all 'the Gray
Haired Minions' are the ones who Will Continue to Win
As Old Folks
Do continue
to Rule the
US;
Generally
Speaking Now too;

As it's True;
Trump is
Just
A Figure
Head for Minions now;
Just the most Despicable
one ever in Empirical Ways
All Measuring in Misleading
'Shady Car Sales Person '
Statements And
Even Worse
For Lies
And
Promises
Of Potential
Dasturdly Deeds too.

And yes; More Folks Voted
And More Senators Who Are
Democrat Continue to Face
A Reality of Overcoming
Obstacles for Election Day STiLL to WiN.

And as Far as i See, Feel, and Sense; That's A Truth for NoW.
(always subject to change as the Devil's in the DeTaLeS now too)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 7:55 pm

Voting is merely a way to legitimize a sovereign. To make him palpable to the people. But politics is, in the current form, not set up to allow people to interfere with the rights of capital. So the sovereign needs to get into office by voting - but governing is very different from 'doing what the people want'.
Or what was promised. Or whatever.
A politician's job is to get votes.
Lobbyists and lawyers do the rest.

If you spend your life on the campaign trail, hiw could you even know anything about international trade? Just let the experts do it. And make sure the people vote for you again.

I mean... It's an oligarchy.