Page 30 of 39 [ 609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 39  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 7:33 pm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 7:36 pm

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2022, 9:08 pm

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2022, 9:49 pm

Happy birthday kitty! :D

theprisoner wrote:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 12:14 pm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 5:57 pm

This is how I feel today. My mind among vegetable heads.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 6:05 pm

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 7:48 pm

I guess the old family cat felt safe with me when he'd sleep under my bed each night, even though we didn't interact all that much during the day (he'd sit next to me on his own volition now and again), and thanks, old friend. You were safe.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2022, 10:48 am

:::)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2022, 12:51 pm

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2022, 2:14 am

Cats make me happy, too. I have always loved them. But not ago I had anxiety about having been infected with toxoplasmosis. Apparently the parasite that causes the disease can actually make mice lose their fear of cats, making it easier for cats to catch them. And it's why people become the "crazy cat lady" stereotype.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't even go near animals because of all the diseases they can give you, and I hate that. Most animals are less filthy and disease-ridden than humans anyway.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2022, 2:43 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
But not ago I had anxiety about having been infected with toxoplasmosis.

Your dinner is a far greater risk to your life than your cat is:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html
Quote:
In almost all cases, toxoplasmosis in humans can be traced to handling or eating raw or undercooked meat

And, https://news.yale.edu/2002/09/26/yale-p ... n-and-cats

Quote:
“It is more likely for a pregnant woman to acquire toxoplasmosis from eating undercooked meat or from contacting soil without gloves,” said Jeffrey Kravetz, M.D., assistant professor of medicine at Yale School of Medicine and lead author of the review article published in the September issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine.

Toxoplasmosis is found throughout the world, predominantly in cultures that eat raw meat. There are about 3,000 cases of congenital toxoplasmosis in the United States each year. Transmission of toxoplasmosis from cats to humans rarely occurs, Kravetz said, because if the cats are infected it is only for two weeks of their lives, usually as kittens. Also, regular cleaning of a cat’s litter should diminish contact with infective feces.

And, https://parasitesandvectors.biomedcentr ... 20-04106-1
Quote:
Raw or undercooked meat (mainly pork) with tissue cysts containing bradyzoites, is considered a major source of human T. gondii infections in Europe and the USA [5]. Infection can also occur by environmentally resistant forms (oocysts) via contaminated water, fruit and vegetables [6].

:arrow: Relaying science data is NOT the news media's strong point.
:arrow: Provoking emotional reactions, however, IS.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2022, 9:29 pm

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2022, 10:10 pm

:D That little munchkin cat was definitely mission-driven.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2022, 10:13 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
:D That little munchkin cat was definitely mission-driven.

Lulu's a pocket tiger. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2022, 3:27 pm