For those who say men shouldn't be saying abortion is wrong

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 7:30 pm

Do you also think that young people shouldn't be saying that elderly people who are badly ill shouldn't be allowed to be euthanized? Only elderly people can think that is wrong?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 7:40 pm

I don't believe in euthanasia except under the most severe of circumstances.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 8:46 pm

NewTime wrote:
For those who say men shouldn't be saying abortion is wrong...
All I'm asserting is:

1. A woman's body is her own, and no one else's, whether she is married or not.

2. Only women can naturally become pregnant.

3. Only a woman should be allowed to decide whether or not to become pregnant, and whether or not to terminate her pregnancy through abortion, whether or not she practices any form of contraception, or whom she has sex with.

4. Men are free to express their opinions on abortion all they want.

5. A man should not be allowed to decide whether or not a woman should become pregnant, whether or not to her pregnancy should be terminated through abortion, whether or not she can be allowed to practice any form of contraception, or whom she chooses to have sex with.

Obviously, I am not making any declaration of right or wrong, whether or not abortion is moral, or whether or not abortion should be legal. I am only stating my opinion based on two inalienable facts: A woman's body (including her reproductive organs) is her own, and only she gets to choose what purpose to put it to.

Any arguments to the contrary betrays a man's intent to own and control women, and to make all of their reproductive choices for them.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 9:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
All I'm asserting is:

1. A woman's body is her own, and no one else's, whether she is married or not.

2. Only women can naturally become pregnant.

3. Only a woman should be allowed to decide whether or not to become pregnant, and whether or not to terminate her pregnancy through abortion, whether or not she practices any form of contraception, or whom she has sex with.

4. Men are free to express their opinions on abortion all they want.

5. A man should not be allowed to decide whether or not a woman should become pregnant, whether or not to her pregnancy should be terminated through abortion, whether or not she can be allowed to practice any form of contraception, or whom she chooses to have sex with.

Obviously, I am not making any declaration of right or wrong, whether or not abortion is moral, or whether or not abortion should be legal. I am only stating my opinion based on two inalienable facts: A woman's body (including her reproductive organs) is her own, and only she gets to choose what purpose to put it to.

Any arguments to the contrary betrays a man's intent to own and control women, and to make all of their reproductive choices for them.

I agree. What I mean by "agree" is that I am not a politician or any type of lawmaker, nor do I wish to be, and therefore I don't think I have the right to decide what is right and what is wrong, but if I was, this would be my stance. But that is because I am probably still not quite fully mature and I don't like being told what to do, and therefore I don't think it is fair for me to decide what others should and shouldn't do.

Meanwhile, abortion is permitted by law in my country. We have to follow the law, whether we like it or not. I don't think abortion is a nice thing, and if I had a pregnant partner or family member who was considering abortion, I personally would remind her that there are other options, but the final decision would be hers and I would respect it.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 9:29 pm

Young people can say that because they might one day be badly ill when they are older. (Cis) Men don't have much place opposing abortion rights because they will never know what it is like to have an unwanted pregnancy.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 10:12 pm

I just get annoyed when men "feminists" are arguing with me and sometimes about five other girls about abortion in the name of women's rights.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 11:47 pm

I have a Y chromosome so I'm more or less bound by logic to shut up about such things.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 6:16 am

NewTime wrote:
Do you also think that young people shouldn't be saying that elderly people who are badly ill shouldn't be allowed to be euthanized? Only elderly people can think that is wrong?

One day, every "young person" will become an "elderly person".
Out of 7.7 billion people, exactly zero men will ever get pregnant.

If you don't have a uterus, you shouldn't get a goddamned vote in what other people do with theirs.
If you haven't been diagnosed with a terminal illness, you shouldn't get a goddamned vote in what people who have do about it.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 7:57 am

Young people can also get "badly ill" and they can apply for euthanasia where it's legal.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 3:05 pm

If something is objectively wrong, which abortion is, no one should be limited in commenting on it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 3:07 pm

what's "objectively wrong" is men deluding themselves into thinking they know what's best for women's reproductive rights.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 3:22 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
what's "objectively wrong" is men deluding themselves into thinking they know what's best for women's reproductive rights.

As a women, neither women nor men should be allowed to harm their children.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 3:23 pm

the idea of "non-person humans" comes to mind.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 3:40 pm

Bataar wrote:
If something is objectively wrong, which abortion is...
... in your opinion.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 3:42 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
... and men behaving as if they owned women's reproductive organs.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 6:02 pm

How did abortion become the #1 most contentious social issue?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!