Apparently wrongplanet is like a fountain of youth

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 3:45 am

I turned 22 a matter of months ago, but for whatever reason my wrongplanet account didn't get the memo. I have my date of birth listed in my account so I would figure my age would reflect that but apparently not. It's not something that I'm losing sleep over, but I was interested in finding out whether anyone else's account lists an inaccurate age for whatever reason.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 3:48 am

jawohl, same here

i'm 1997 born but i have to have my DOB here set to 1996 to display my age of 21 correctly.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 3:53 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
jawohl, same here

i'm 1997 born but i have to have my DOB here set to 1996 to display my age of 21 correctly.

That's odd but a good idea to change the DOB to reflect the correct age. I think I'll do that too. I dont want people thinking I'm some immature 21 year-old when in reality I'm some immature 22 year-old.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 12:30 pm

I've never really paid attention to it. I have mine set to a false date anyway (new years' day). It's close enough, as long as nobody's trying to stalk me to figure out my zodiac sign =)

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 12:35 pm

I think, in order for your age to display correctly, you must enter it: month-day-year (xx-xx-xxxx), with hyphens, not / ?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Nov 2018, 3:37 pm

A couple years ago, my age didn't update after my birthday till I swapped the day & month fields. Some other members have had that problem & had it fixed by swapping day & month spots.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 7:41 pm

hobojungle wrote:
I think, in order for your age to display correctly, you must enter it: month-day-year (xx-xx-xxxx), with hyphens, not / ?

I did, but it's only when I did what Kip did that my age was actually correct. It seems wrongplanet is a year behind or something

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 12:58 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
hobojungle wrote:

I did, but it's only when I did what Kip did that my age was actually correct. It seems wrongplanet is a year behind or something

My birthday was last week and my age rolled over correctly.

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Nov 2018, 1:02 am

I've noticed that my age has been inaccurate, too. I also feel much older than I actually am, could be the stress, could be reality also lagging behind.~

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 8:50 am

Long ago, before the update, my age used to display correctly. But when the site changed I noticed that it displayed one year less than my actual age.