Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2018, 11:05 pm

This November 26th would have been my 6th anniversary with Kyle. It started out sort of exciting and then quickly got bad, real bad. Seven months after meeting him he became the straw that broke the camel's back and I tried to commit suicide. Then two months after that he scared the $*^$!@ out of me again and I packed my bags and left to stay at a woman's shelter in Boise. On top of it all this whole time, his adult kids and one daughter-in-law have had it out for me.

I have multiple reasons to get out of this relationship including one that is Biblical.

However, considering all the %*&@$ (I do that because I have a lack of words to describe what I'm trying to say) I have been through this last six years I am happy anyway. Happy to be out of it. Happy my plane ticket is paid for. Happy knowing where I'm going and who I'll be with, ME. I've spent the first 51 years of my life on other people so now I am happy to have the next 51 years all to myself to do, whatever, anything, and everything that I've ever wanted to do without someone else telling me I can't due to their own insecurities. I'M FREE. YAY!

I won't lay down and die,
Oh no, not I, I will survive.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 11:37 am

I'm glad you know that you have 51 years to live.

I wish I could say that LOL :wink:

I have to channel my inner Gloria Gaynor.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2018, 12:39 am

Good for you. Did you leave Boise yet? I'd catch a plane ASAP.

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2019, 10:29 am

I flew out of Boise on December 10th and have been in the North Country of New York State for the last month. It's beautiful up here and I'm ten minutes away from the Canadian border by car. Since I've been here I have been decompressing and breathing. I didn't realize I was holding my breath for so long until I landed in Vermont.

lol Channeling my inner Gloria Gaynor has kept me alive for the last 35 years. She hasn't failed me so far, so I'm still singing.

The future is so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 10:48 am

Congratulations, many women tend to stay in abusive and crappy relationships and take more crap. I'm glad you got the courage to head into the unknown and it turned out ok.

Rustifer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Feb 2019, 12:46 am

Neither can you hold me back, dudette ;)

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 7:35 am

Perkulator wrote:
I flew out of Boise on December 10th and have been in the North Country of New York State for the last month. It's beautiful up here and I'm ten minutes away from the Canadian border by car. Since I've been here I have been decompressing and breathing. I didn't realize I was holding my breath for so long until I landed in Vermont.

lol Channeling my inner Gloria Gaynor has kept me alive for the last 35 years. She hasn't failed me so far, so I'm still singing.

The future is so bright, I gotta wear shades.

I LOVE THE NORTH COUNTRY!! !! !! !

I lived in Potsdam for 2 years before coming back home to Mississippi. The NY North Country made me think about the TV show “Northern Exposure” (set in Alaska). The people are just amazing.

Can’t imagine it’s much different than Idaho, though, just not quite so landlocked. There’s a sense of being isolated from the rest of the world (in a good way). But you’re so close to Montreal and Ottawa. I never visited Ottawa, which is one of two regrets I have. The other regret is I never went skiing, and there are some awesome ski resorts just south of you.

The air is so clean, too. The end of summer can be a little oppressive, though. You pick up a lot of humidity from St. Lawrence and the Great Lakes. It’s a small price to pay, though, because it snows 9 months out of the year.

Maybe I’ll save my pennies and rent a cabin on Cranberry Lake or something next year... I miss that place!