Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 3:20 am

Raleigh wrote:
But the evidence is that mental illness does excuse them.
They often get no jail time, or hardly any consequences for their actions at all.
I personally know 4 people with Aspergers - one's a pedophile, one's done heinous things to animals you could not even imagine, one burnt down a charity warehouse and did several break and enters.
No jail time.
The only exception was the Aspie who mowed down a guy in his car and killed him, he did get some jail time, but was released early.
Another mentally ill guy abducted and murdered a little girl - I think he's still in jail.
This is in one small town!

I'm really sorry man. I really am. It's such a f****d up world for sure. I'm sorry that there are monsters like that in this world and that society lets them get away with things like that. :(

This is why the world is so screwed up today, nobody really gets held accountable for anything anymore.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 3:24 am

^ Thats the truth.
The victims get to see their abusers walking around scott free, as I do, so ive just got to get over it and get on with my life.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 3:30 am

In all reality, what are you going to do about it?
People don't believe you, are you going to harp on about it or call police and press charges?
I don't think so, so there's no point even thinking about it.
Your mum doesn't want to believe it because that would highlight her failure as a mother, same as mine won't acknowledge it, but blows it off if I ever bring it up.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 4:47 am

Raleigh wrote:
In all reality, what are you going to do about it?
People don't believe you, are you going to harp on about it or call police and press charges?
I don't think so, so there's no point even thinking about it.
Your mum doesn't want to believe it because that would highlight her failure as a mother, same as mine won't acknowledge it, but blows it off if I ever bring it up.

Yeah, nobody will believe me either and I seriously doubt the law would do anything about it especially in my case because it happened so long ago and we were both kids.

But I'm incapable of forgiving people who do things like that. It's just not in me to forgive somebody unless they prove that they really are sorry.

I'm also not one to be pushed around anymore like I used to be.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 5:55 am

Raleigh wrote:
It's like when you got angry and lashed out at your mum.

Since you decided to bring that up, yeah I lashed out at not just her but a lot of people in my family. I also threw a cup of water in my sister's face and I cussed my 80 year old grandmother out. I also shoved my Mama in an argument and she kicked me out of the house for awhile. You have no idea how much I really hate myself for having done that. I feel like a monster sometimes and I'm surprised they all forgave me.

But at least I can admit to myself that what I did was wrong.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Nov 2018, 6:04 am

We all do terrible things sometimes when we have a meltdown or are stressed. As long as you told the hem you're sorry you did that. They understand you better than you think. There is much I'd undo if I could.

The fact we realize we've gone overboard is a good sign. Psychopaths do not. They suppress their feelings, if they have any, completely. Letting it out in a brief tantrum, as we do is better. If we show true empathy then we will be okay.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 6:40 am

envirozentinel wrote:
We all do terrible things sometimes when we have a meltdown or are stressed. As long as you told the hem you're sorry you did that. They understand you better than you think. There is much I'd undo if I could.

The fact we realize we've gone overboard is a good sign. Psychopaths do not. They suppress their feelings, if they have any, completely. Letting it out in a brief tantrum, as we do is better. If we show true empathy then we will be okay.

You're right, I know I'm not a psychopath. But even though they forgave me I have a very hard time forgiving myself.

That's exactly how grudgeful I am. I can't even forgive myself if I do something wrong.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Nov 2018, 8:08 am

It's always more difficult to forgive ourselves.

We can be quick read hard on ourselves when we strive to be better and don't quite get there.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 8:48 am

I'm sorry that happened to you. That's repugnant.

I've gotta say though, and I know this is horrible, but I don't know that many gay men, but the ones I do know tend to have been interfered with by another man as a child. I can't help but wonder if there's a correlation there to be honest.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 6:53 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
I'm sorry that happened to you. That's repugnant.

I've gotta say though, and I know this is horrible, but I don't know that many gay men, but the ones I do know tend to have been interfered with by another man as a child. I can't help but wonder if there's a correlation there to be honest.

I think that's more true with pedophiles. I heard that many child molesters were also victims of molestation when they were children.