why do soo many people LOVE EXTREMELY HEAVY BASE?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Nov 2018, 9:00 pm

Our neighbors have a powerful sound system rite next to our wall & have the base so loud sometimes that we don't want to be downstairs. Property manger won't do sh!t. We're trying to move but are on waiting list. Also lots of cars drive by with the base so loud I wonder how the car hasn't fallen apart. Why do people like loud base so much :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

scruffyx
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2018, 1:15 am

nick007 wrote:
Our neighbors have a powerful sound system rite next to our wall & have the base so loud sometimes that we don't want to be downstairs. Property manger won't do sh!t. We're trying to move but are on waiting list. Also lots of cars drive by with the base so loud I wonder how the car hasn't fallen apart. Why do people like loud base so much :?:

Not sure being around bass for too much long makes me feel kind of queasy

Faith92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2018, 1:45 am

Omg my brother and dad love extremely loud music full of heavy bass. I asked my brother this, he has a keen interest in music like our dad does. My brother says it's because when you have a really good sound system you can hear parts of songs that you've never heard before and it's an all round new experience and you the bass sounds amazing so why not. So when I go over his house if he's listening to loud music I tell him to switch it off or I'm going lol.

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 2:16 am

I ask myself the same thing every time I hear it. I think it's plain disrespect on the part of the person with the stereo system.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 3:36 am

to please adam neely

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2018, 6:31 am

Because you know I'm all about that bass about that bass. No treble. I'm all about that bass about that bass. No treble.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 7:38 am

I hate it, too. It's annoying and makes your heartbeat feel funny.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 8:27 am

If you're at a venue with a crowded dancefloor, and you wanna keep the crowd moving then the smart thing to do is to enhance the bass. They cant hear the subtleties of the treble and midrange parts of the music, and the vocals get muffled, but they can still move to the beat. So using technology to artificially enhance the beat to cut through the noise makes sense.

But if there is no crowded dance floor then...whats the asthetic point of enhanced bass?

If your just entertaining a couple of friends in your living room you don't need enhanced bass coming from your stereo system, or computer or whatever.

And if your driving around the neighborhood you definitely don't need to blast it around from speakers on your car. That's just noise pollution.

So unless your dad and brother are constantly throwing big dance parties they have no justification for blasting bass. And their claims about "loving music" are a bunch of crap.

I am a party dj myself..and you have my blessing if you ...kick them in the base for doing that! Lol!

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 10:47 am

Who knows?
Do they really want a loud in car/house earthquake simulation that everyone near by is forced into?

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia