Looking at the job board again...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 3:52 pm

Now I'm kinda limited in location signing a lease for an apartment but I kinda need something to do! I found one very nearby job on indeed and by nearby I mean it's bank teller at a bank that is literally 2 blocks from where I live... At a bank that I've used for years in various locations but always same company. Anyway though I did there online assessment and the first part seemed like some sort of intelligence test but the second involved social skills questions.... Ehh the job said "diploma but bachelor preferred" but I don't know what they will think about my experience lol.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 2:25 pm

Good luck with your application. This sounds like "not a career, just a job" - in other words, not what you have trained for and desired to do all your adult life. But that's not so bad if you just need to get some financial stability. I've had plenty of "boring, but dependable" jobs in my life, and they can be a lot less stressful than one you really care about.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 5:22 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
I've had plenty of "boring, but dependable" jobs in my life, and they can be a lot less stressful than one you really care about.

Not to derail this topic, but care to elaborate? (I'd love some more ideas...) :P

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 11:52 pm

Alita wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
I've had plenty of "boring, but dependable" jobs in my life, and they can be a lot less stressful than one you really care about.

Not to derail this topic, but care to elaborate? (I'd love some more ideas...) :P

Mostly secretarial/office jobs, when my education and intellect ought to qualify me for greater things. I worked for temp companies quite a lot. Also did some customer service in a call center. All of these were boring but otherwise not too stressful.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 6:23 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Alita wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:

Mostly secretarial/office jobs, when my education and intellect ought to qualify me for greater things. I worked for temp companies quite a lot. Also did some customer service in a call center. All of these were boring but otherwise not too stressful.

Thank you. I've done some of these jobs myself and some were quite low- stress, you are right.