Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Faith92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2018, 7:11 am

For the last couple of days every morning I have been sick. My boyfriend and I haven't been using protection and now I'm starting to wonder if I might be pregnant? I'm not sure if autism is passed through in to children, but also I have a lot of health problems and just don't think I would be a good mother. I've always wanted kids but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for me. I'm really worried. My boyfriend is a great guy and he would be a great father, but I don't think I would be a good mother. I can hardly cope going to work every day.

I wouldn't want to abort because I don't like it. Is anyone else a parent?
What should I do?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 8:07 am

Sorry I really don't know what to tell you other than I understand how you feel. I don't think I would make a good parent either for the exact same reasons as you I mean I can't even get a job and I don't know how to drive either.

Would you ever consider putting your baby up for adoption? I'm sure a childless couple would be happy to have a baby. My cousin who I strongly suspect has autism too did that with her children when she realized she couldn't take care of them.

And I think Aspergers can be genetic me and my younger brother both have it and I have a female cousin whom I suspect has it too.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 9:33 am

Faith92 wrote:
I think I might be pregnant ... What should I do?
See a doctor right away.

Faith92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2018, 9:42 am

Fnord wrote:
Faith92 wrote:
See a doctor right away.

I have an appointment at the doctors this afternoon at 4:20 p'm. Very nervous.

Faith92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2018, 9:44 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Sorry I really don't know what to tell you other than I understand how you feel. I don't think I would make a good parent either for the exact same reasons as you I mean I can't even get a job and I don't know how to drive either.

Would you ever consider putting your baby up for adoption? I'm sure a childless couple would be happy to have a baby. My cousin who I strongly suspect has autism too did that with her children when she realized she couldn't take care of them.

And I think Aspergers can be genetic me and my younger brother both have it and I have a female cousin whom I suspect has it too.

I shouldn't of thought so, to be honest I expect if I am pregnant then I'll love my baby no matter what he/she might have health wise, if anything at all.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 9:47 am

Faith92 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I shouldn't of thought so, to be honest I expect if I am pregnant then I'll love my baby no matter what he/she might have health wise, if anything at all.

I think the most important part of being a parent is having love. I'm sure everything will work out. None of my mom's pregnancies were planned but she did the best she could and all four of her kids turned out fine. :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 9:49 am

Faith92 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Faith92 wrote:
See a doctor right away.
No need to be nervous, although doctors always make me nervous, too.

You'll be fine.

:D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 9:50 am

Many autistic people have kids, and become successful parents. And they have both autistic and neurotypical kids. They manage.

Raising kids, in general, is a very difficult undertaking--even for the most NT of NT's.

WE ARE NOT DEFECTIVE!! !! ! We are not genetic mistakes! I wish we would stop with this nonsense.

I hate it when people call themselves "defective" because they have Aspergers/autism or whatever. They most certainly are NOT!

Like Fnord said, see a doctor as soon as possible.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 10:14 am

Faith92 wrote:
Is anyone else a parent?
What should I do?

I have 2 children and 5 grandchildren and they turned out fine. I found that I trained my children differently, the Aspie way. I helped them to become more resilient. They may possess a few Aspie traits but one might not even be able to detect them. They blend in well into society.

As far as what to do. I think they have pregnancy test kits that might tell you if your perception of being pregnant is real or not.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 10:22 am

Why were you even having unprotected sex if you didn't want to get pregnant?

Faith92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2018, 10:35 am

lostonearth35 wrote:

I didn't not want to get pregnant, I love kids and would love to be a mother, it's just been a surprise.
I just worry because of all my health problems, I'd hate for my child to have the same problems. Some of them are horrible and severe.

Faith92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2018, 10:36 am

Not long until my doctors appointment now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 10:38 am

Faith92 wrote:
Deep, slow breaths ...

Faith92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2018, 10:40 am

Fnord wrote:
Faith92 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Faith92 wrote:
See a doctor right away.
No need to be nervous, although doctors always make me nervous, too.

You'll be fine.

Thanks Fnord. :)

I know right? Lol they make me so nervous, I usually pass out at the doctors. Let's hope that doesn't happen this time. Could be embarrassing. :oops:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 10:42 am

Faith92 wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

I didn't not want to get pregnant, I love kids and would love to be a mother, it's just been a surprise.
I just worry because of all my health problems, I'd hate for my child to have the same problems. Some of them are horrible and severe.

I understand. I have Bipolar Disorder and I would hate to pass that down to my child. It's a genetic mental illness and several people in my family have it. There's also a heart condition my mama has that runs in our family and I'd hate for my child to end up with that too.

Faith92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2018, 10:50 am

Fnord wrote:
Faith92 wrote:
Deep, slow breaths ...

I'll try. :D