Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2018, 2:18 pm

i keep getting reoccurring boils/cysts around the time of my period.They are pretty much always under my arm . every now and then one gets infected and i have to go on antibiotics. well this month i got one someplace else. on my breast. i would have gone to the doctor sooner but it appeared right when i had a craft fair to got too (i ran a booth) the next day it was worse and another appeared on my other breast. But this one appeared infected from the start. i went to my gyno because i thought this would be considered a womans issue that maybe she could instead of just giving me an anti biotic she could diagnose the problem ( theres a condition i suspect is causing it that i found while googling the characteristics ) but she didnt know what it was. she never seen anything like it. i told her the general doctor gives me antibiotic when they get infected. she ended up prescribing one and told me to go to a dermatologist . i cant get an appointment there till january. im really worried. when they were under my arm it wasnt such a big deal to me. but the fact they are on my breasts.... it freaks me out alot. has anyone had something like this?

Muppetjedi
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Dec 2018, 12:51 am

Hi, I’m both a nurse and I used to get the same on my inner thighs and upper back thighs. They are caused by Staph bacteria which thrive in moist dark places where the skin gets irritated from friction and the staph spreads around easily. Make sure you keep the areas clean and dry meaning if you get sweaty rinse the areas off and pat dry with a tissue/paper towel/clean cloth or use a hair dryer on cool if you’re at home. don’t let sweat dry on you in the areas you’re getting them.
Bacitracin over the counter anti-bacterial topical should help them not get bad enough to go on oral antibiotics and definitely go see that dermatologist. Waiting until Jan is okay, keep the areas clean and dry and use the topical until then and rest assured what you have going on is super common!!