Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 6:36 pm

I was diagnosed with muscle weakness/problems I continue to have to this day. Doing an internet search I even found a good article: http://www.myaspergerschild.com/2017/03 ... m.html?m=1

Anyway my messed up muscles lead to not being able to lift heavy objects, I cannot run, etc... But I do have the hyperflexable joint thing. Is this more evidence I could have an ASD or does this problem show up in other places too?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 11:30 pm

It is more common in autism and so is hypertonia. But can exist for many reasons, by itself, brain damage, genetic defects ect.
I myself am very inflexible and as a child could honestly barely raise my legs.
My joints are both hyper flexible and have this painful habit of dislocating.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2018, 8:07 am

I'm not sure if it's more common with people on the spectrum but due to my MARFAN's Syndrome, my limbs are a lot longer than normal and that spreads whatever muscle mass I have over a much bigger area.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 2:51 pm

How did your psychiatry appointment go - did you decide to bring up the autism evaluation?

To answer your question about further evidence of ASD, hypotonium is a weak contributor to a diagnosis. It's more like a co-morbid or often-associated feature, not a defining feature. That's my take on it, anyway. Similar to IBS - could be related to ASD but many other people have it too.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 4:07 pm

The psychatrist insists I have schizoaffective.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 11:34 pm

I have muscle weakness, chronic fatigue caused by a rare genetic bone and neurological disease but I also am really skinny, especially my arms and am unablenti gain weight really which arent symptoms of my genetic disease. I don't know if they are associated with autism or not. My genetic disease, MHE is though, even though it is really rare(1 in 50,000)

Arganger wrote:
My joints are both hyper flexible and have this painful habit of dislocating.

EDS?