Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:28 pm

For me, it is because my routine gets changed.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:54 pm

I buy most of my stuff around Christmas to take advantage of all the sales. And chocolate, plenty of chocolate. :D

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2018, 12:31 pm

That article was pretty good. In my case, I have so many Christmases under my belt that it's scarcely a ripple.

I do dislike the way holidays disrupt my routines, but that's not limited to this time of year. Any holidays throw me off.

And my pet peeve is Daylight Saving Time, arbitrarily throwing off my biorhythms every six months. Let's get rid of it!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2018, 4:50 pm

The weather

Shorter days

Many things are closed

Sick

Holiday cheer

Music, holiday

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 8:50 pm

Trying to do too much cos I don't stop working and I do my routine and I do Christmas too.
But it's all worth it.

Also, presents from strangers. And surprise gifts from people I do know, when they get gifts wrong.

Maybe I lack the theory of mind to notice when I do the same. Mum said that to me last year :( I put a lot of effort into what I buy for people which is why I only buy gifts for people I know well enough to talk to through the year.

And pain. The pain of Christmas lights etc.

And unrealistic expectations. I want it as magic as it was when I was a kid. It is rarely like that for adults.

And the songs. I can stop this one. I plan to only listen to happy songs if I can help it this year. Instead of it being 'stop comparing your insides to someone else's outsides' for me, this is more like 'notice your happy life and quit focusing on all the depressing crap there is in Christmas songs and stupid messages like 'the Christmas you get you deserve''

Having said all that I don't get depressed. I have meltdowns and get angry and a bit upset but I'm lucky that I don't have depression.