He kissed me but I don’t really see us together

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Whatamievendoingwithmylife
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2018, 1:45 am

I’ve recently went out with a friend of my older brothers. At first I wasn’t sure if it was a date but then he kissed me. He lives pretty far away and is 5 years older than me. I had a lot of fun going out with him but I just didn’t feel anything when we kissed and I don’t want to continue seeing him.

I’ve always had trouble with either being too distant or seeming too interested from trying to not seem distant because of my Aspergers. I know he took this as signs I liked him back and I really did enjoy hanging out with him. Yet I know it won’t work and it’s a little strange because he’s friends with my brother. I kind of just let him kiss me and leave because I’m awkward and go along with things even when I don’t really want to.

Now it’s the day after he kissed me and I feel terrible. He’s texting me and is super happy and flirty. I don’t know what to do now and how to tell him I don’t see anything happening again. Somebody please help me because I’ve been freaking out over this. I know I’m a terrible person for making him think I like him, I was just trying to be nice I swear, and for not being strong in the first place. Any advice is welcome.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2018, 9:15 am

Tell him clear and straight that you don't like that and don't like him enough for that. Reject him harsh if he tries again. Don't be kindly in any way to him from now or he would get you wrong and don't accept it. And tell your brothers that it happened and that you don't want this.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2018, 12:53 pm

You have to nip this in the bud as soon as possible.

Tell you you really enjoyed his company (honestly)—but that you don’t feel boyfriend/girlfriend attraction

The longer this goes on, the worst it will get. The harder it will be stop the relationship.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2018, 1:13 pm

I think the easiest way out would be to ask your brother to talk to him and explain that you're not interested in a proper relationship with him and blame it on the fact that you're an aspie.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2018, 1:16 pm

You're not a terrible person. It was just a misunderstanding.

I agree with the above. It's best to tell him directly and not let him believe that he has a chance.

You can do it!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2018, 10:53 pm

Tell the guy you are not interested and that you did not feel any attraction to him. If he starts calling you names because of how you feel, then talk to your brother.