Trump's "Bone Spurs" Diagnosis Exposed as Fake!

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2018, 5:21 am

i read a similar article in the onion.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2018, 9:39 am

In other words, what NYT is passing off as news is a sack-full of speculation, innuendo and Trump animus. If the good "Democrat" doctor told his family about his treatment and diagnosis of Trump, he violated doctor-patient privilege and may or may not have filed a phony medical report... which sounds a lot like fraud. But he's the hero of the story because... well, Trump.

If it took The Times 50 years to piece together this much speculation on Trump, it's little wonder it hasn't tackled other draft dodger stories like Bill Clinton's, Richard Blumenthal's or Bobby Kennedy's, among others.

And back in the day The Times thought draft dodgers were cool. As recently as 2004 it published a piece about draft dodger utopia in Canada. In the piece NYT described the draft dodgers who fled north of the border and established the town of Nelson, British Columbia as "peace activists" and "expatriates" with a "courageous legacy."

Curious how The Times treats some draft dodgers one way and others another, isn't it?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2018, 9:48 am

On December 1, 1969 the Selective Service System of the United States conducted two lotteries to determine the order of call to military service in the Vietnam War for men born from January 1, 1944 to December 31, 1950. These lotteries occurred during a period of conscription in the United States that lasted from 1947 to 1973. It was the first time a lottery system had been used to select men for military service since 1942.

On December 1, 1969, they drew the birthdates and I drew lottery number "1". I went through a pre-induction physical and passed. At the time I had several options. I could join the Army or the Navy or the Air Force or the National Guards or I could allow myself to be drafted. Or I could flee and move to Canada and become a draft dodger. I remember in college, the professor who taught Philosophy spent the last ten minutes of class on several days advocating "How to Become a Draft Dodger." But becoming a draft dodger was not in my vocabulary.