Having little in common with other Aspies and autistics

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2018, 7:59 pm

IstominFan wrote:
Joe90,

I'm the same in that I have no interest in the superhero/Star Wars genres and in that I have an interest very few others here share: tennis.

I don't have an interest in tennis I'm afraid.
I don't really have a special interest, but my interests I do have aren't very common among many Aspies. Things I'm interested in are:-
-Buses (although not in an Aspie way, as I don't memorize routes or timetables, and I know very little about the engineering side, but I work at a bus depot cleaning buses and I love to talk about it, but I suppose a lot of NTs like to talk about their jobs, as it's a big part of your life)
-Gossip among family, friends, neighbours and work colleagues (I'm not the sort to spread gossip but I do like listening to people gossiping)
-Writing fictional stories (I write all sorts, sometimes I write creepypastas or emotional stories, or I write about fictional families or classes. Right now I'm writing a story about a class of 30 children, with 30 short chapters, and each chapter is about each pupil, and at the end of each chapter the protagonist of the chapter learns a moral. While I usually write stories for adults, this story is aimed at a younger audience)
-British comedy/series (I like watching British shows on DVD like the Inbetweeners, Outnumbered and the old episodes of Grange Hill. But there aren't many people here on WP at all who are into these sorts of shows because I suppose there's too much social interaction, emotions and gossip in the plots that these shows are based on, and maybe a lot of Aspies prefer action or fantasy?)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2018, 8:13 pm

Joe90 wrote:
and the old episodes of Grange Hill. But there aren't many people here on WP at all who are into these sorts of shows because I suppose there's too much social interaction, emotions and gossip in the plots that these shows are based on, and maybe a lot of Aspies prefer action or fantasy?)

I loved Grange Hill and I used to shout 'Banger' every time in the credits when the sausage gets thrown :roll:

and the first and last 4 notes of the music in the credits will forever be ingrained on my brain

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2018, 8:23 pm

I frequent a bunch of special interest sites and one club with monthly face to face meetings.
This one is the least friendly.

I run into more friendly people when dealing with customers at work than I do here. :roll:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 12:22 am

there have been a couple of other level 2's here i felt in common with as far as the effects of autism and lifestyle goes.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 5:30 am

I have something in common with everyone. They just don't always realize that.

KeepOn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Dec 2018, 6:15 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
and the old episodes of Grange Hill. But there aren't many people here on WP at all who are into these sorts of shows because I suppose there's too much social interaction, emotions and gossip in the plots that these shows are based on, and maybe a lot of Aspies prefer action or fantasy?)

I loved Grange Hill and I used to shout 'Banger' every time in the credits when the sausage gets thrown :roll:

and the first and last 4 notes of the music in the credits will forever be ingrained on my brain

When I used to watch Grange Hill after school in the 90s it had this theme tune: