Page 4 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you agree with the findings of the APA?
Completely Agree 29%  29%  [ 10 ]
Mostly Agree 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
Undecided / Don't know 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Mostly Disagree 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Completely Disagree 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
Just gimme your ice cream, wimp! 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 34

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 8:15 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
You still think IQ is a valid measure of intelligence.

It's not a perfect measure, but it's still one of the better measures we've got.

And if we look at eg. SAT scores, we see a very similar racial distribution.

I suppose you don't consider SAT scores a valid measure of intelligence either?

Tell me more about "neo-Marxist propagandists/cultural Marxism"

Why should I bother?

You seem to have only two responses to facts you don't like : laughter & namecalling.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 8:28 pm

aspiesavant wrote:
You still think IQ is a valid measure of intelligence.

It's not a perfect measure, but it's still one of the better measures we've got.

And if we look at eg. SAT scores, we see a very similar racial distribution.

I suppose you don't consider SAT scores a valid measure of intelligence either?

Tell me more about "neo-Marxist propagandists/cultural Marxism"

Why should I bother?

You seem to have only two responses to facts you don't like : laughter & namecalling.

I said you're like an impressionable teenager--what a mean name to call someone! I'm such a meanie. :twisted:

Ah, you're too easy bro!

Come on, inform me on all the ways society is being destroyed by the "cultural Marxists", pretty please. I really want you to share your totally-not-racist ideas, state them as clearly as you can to make your case. I want to see if you can do that without contravening the site rules, it should be a fun challenge for you. Use all the totally-not-racist alt-right ethnonational dogwhistles that get your motor running! Type it with one hand if you have to. :wink: :lol:

Tell me how I'm a degenerate neo-Marxist who wants to see the world burn, tell me that the white race is scientifically better than everyone else because you say so, come on, have some courage to state your real beliefs and see if it stands up to moderation. I triple dog dare you! :lol:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 9:19 pm

:scratch: Racist baiting? That's rare, I'm so confused.

How many partisans does it take to decide how many genders there are?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 9:25 pm

... :? ?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 9:47 pm

cberg wrote:
:scratch: Racist baiting? That's rare, I'm so confused.

How many partisans does it take to decide how many genders there are?

Anti-racism is a partisan stance now?

That's....an interesting take.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 10:57 pm

No I just saw a bunch of standoffish/confusing posts & I was snarking. That's not the topic of the thread anyway.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 11:09 pm

cberg wrote:
No I just saw a bunch of standoffish/confusing posts & I was snarking. That's not the topic of the thread anyway.

His views on gender are just as "enlightened" and "based in science" as his views on race, so I didn't make a distinction for the sake of the thread topic.

cemil
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jan 2019, 12:05 am

GCSE math section and SAT math section are a mistake, way too easy on students .

cemil
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jan 2019, 2:02 am

cemil wrote:
GCSE math section and SAT math section are a mistake, way too easy on students .

america heavily relies on elite intellectuals for scientific breakthroughs, for laymen math didn't mean that much..
when the robots and automatons arrive there should be a better-than-now command on math/science literacy imo..
elites go straight to AP and Alevel s, that's where they don't even wave goodbye to the lowerlings.. the difficulty of sat /gcse math sections for laymen is definitely subpar comparing to international peers.. it created a very anti-science atmosphere in the whole american society, at one time it was all about finance majors, public relations, floral designs and rap shows.. then if one raises the difficulty at this time it would alienate certain demographics.. normally if we don't love america we just say nothing and sit back and watch like the rest of the world does..

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 2:22 am

I have a visceral reaction of ableism and other types of bully mentality.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 5:30 am

Anti-racism is a partisan stance now?

If you go on calling everyone who does not support "multiculturalism" or mass migration a "racist", then yes... being against that is a partisan stance... and one based on ignorance!

Come on, inform me on all the ways society is being destroyed by the "cultural Marxists", pretty please.

Just do some ****ing research.

You've heard of that, right?

tell me that the white race is scientifically better than everyone else because you say so, come on

Maybe Whites were superior to other races before two world ways destroyed millions of the the White race's best men.

Today, Asians (and East-Asians in particular) have clearly surpassed Whites.

But you don't care about facts, I know.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 9:45 am

Due to the toxic masculinity inherent in many of the posts in this thread, I have requested SaveFerris to lock it.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 9:48 am

Fnord wrote:
Due to the toxic masculinity inherent in many of the posts in this thread, I have requested SaveFerris to lock it.

Due to you being uncomfortable with politically incorrect facts, you mean?

Why is it you reality deniers love to shut down every discussion that debunks your nonsense?

What makes you so afraid to face the facts and learn from them?

Admitting you're wrong doesn't hurt and can in fact be a valuable experience. You might want to give it a try...

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 2:14 pm

Aspiesavant has been banned. Carry on.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 4:16 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
... Carry on.
Thank you. Please disregard my previous post.

Let's all get back on-topic.

Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 4:36 pm

Oh Thank God! (or rather, thank the mods! :lol: )

I think the problem with the article and with many men's struggle to accept even the concept of "toxic masculinity" is that they can't seem to understand that by describing certain negative traits that have been reinforced by our culture like violence and aggression and are generally attributed to "masculinity" as toxic we are not labelling ALL MASCULINITY as toxic, so they can't help but see it as an attack on their gender identity. When really, it's more like this: a few months ago I remember there being a recall of spinach in my area, because some of it while being processed had been contaminated with E. coli; at the time, I could have said "I'm not going to be buying spinach for the next little while, it's been contaminated"; if I had done so, would it be fair to then say to me "Why do you hate leafy greens so m uch, why are you discriminating?" It should be understood that obviously I wouldn't be talking about all spinach or all greens, just the stuff that had been recently contaminated. Saying I don't want to eat contaminated spinach doesn't mean I hate spinach now. So saying I don't like toxic masculinity does not mean I dislike all things considered masculine, in the same way.

I don't know why the men who have a problem with the term "toxic masculinity" can't make this distinction and just assume everyone who talks about toxic masculinity hates all men and everything "manly", or that we want to "ban all men"--which is the height of hyperbole. I think it's an irrational, emotional knee-jerk response. (Which is ironic because of how much sexist men like to accuse women of being that all the time).