Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 8:27 pm

Ive had a few close calls. I almost got hit walking through an inter section. I feel like its not if but when Ill be run over. I sometimes forget to look before I cross. I am very forgetful. I think Im going to die from this. Like seriousely its only a matter of time! I would feel better if someone would cross with me. But I cant have someone with me every time I cross. I wish there was some way I could avoid walking through town.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 8:59 pm

Just remember to look to your left before you cross the street.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 9:08 pm

Dont people cross with you? If others are crossing its probably safe. And actual crosswalks have lights right?

Sorry I cant really help you. I grew up playing chicken in the streets and Ive been hit (glancingly ofc) by cars a couple times now so Im not really phased anymore. I just dash across when Im alone really fast

I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING THE MOST AMAZING DAY THEY CAN HAVE AND REMEMBERS TO SMILE *(^o^)*

HWAITING!! !! !!

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 9:12 pm

Theres an intersection where I have trouble remembering to look left. I rememberd but almost too late. There were people at the soup kitchen today talking about their close calls. Intersections are dangerouse. Why do I have to walk through them?!

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 9:15 pm

graceksjp wrote:
Dont people cross with you? If others are crossing its probably safe. And actual crosswalks have lights right?

Sorry I cant really help you. I grew up playing chicken in the streets and Ive been hit (glancingly ofc) by cars a couple times now so Im not really phased anymore. I just dash across when Im alone really fast

Yeah Im not really afraid of getting hit. More like run over and squished.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 9:15 pm

Cross at a traffic light, if possible. Make sure you cross the straight at the corners of streets, rather than in the middle of the street.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 9:30 pm

How about wait at every intersection for someone to cross with you

I have this problem too

Some driver's do not give enough margin of error

Some pedestrians jaywalk

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 11:43 am

Since its a small town, there are very few people to cross with. Also, I dont have any friends.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 11:47 am

But there are traffic lights. And stop signs, and all that.

I would cross the street when other people are crossing the street. A mass of people crossing the street provides lots of protection from cars. Drivers respect the "mass of people" much more than they respect a lone person.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 3:27 pm

Sometimes I get paranoid that a driver will run me over, when I have right of way, and the driver has an expensive lawyer, and does not have to pay the medical bills

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 3:48 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Sometimes I get paranoid that a driver will run me over, when I have right of way, and the driver has an expensive lawyer, and does not have to pay the medical bills

If you're in a crosswalk you have the right of way and it doesnt matter what fancy lawyer they have if they run you over willingly Im pretty sure thats like voluntary manslaughter or something I dunno.

I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING THE MOST AMAZING DAY THEY CAN HAVE AND REMEMBERS TO SMILE *(^o^)*

HWAITING!! !! !!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 3:52 pm

Grace

If there is no videocamera and I am too injured to testify, the driver could tell the insurance that the driver had a green light, (even though the light was red),

The verdict is not always correct

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 9:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
But there are traffic lights. And stop signs, and all that.

I would cross the street when other people are crossing the street. A mass of people crossing the street provides lots of protection from cars. Drivers respect the "mass of people" much more than they respect a lone person.

I would but there are no masses of people in my town to cross with. There is hardly anyone out when I go walking. I forgot that one of the crosswalks has a button you can push to make the walk sign come on. But my problem is forgetfulness. Wouldnt be a problem if everytime people would stop at the crosswalk. But no, they speed through!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 10:30 pm

If you want, try walking parallel to the main Street

One route, I can go six miles without a stoplight