Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2019, 4:09 pm

No wanting to date people?

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 4:11 pm

An asexual is someone without sexual desire. He or she can still "date", although there's unlikely to be a sexual element to the relationship - or if there is, the asexual partner is unlikely to enjoy it.

Barbotine
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2019, 2:36 am

Asexual means not having a sexual attraction with someone else, it doesn't mean that you cannot have a romantic attraction to someone else.

In fact there are three kinds of asexual people :

-sex favorable (=cupiosexual), despite the fact that you do not feel sexual attraction with someone, you may desire to and have sex, for instance, for sole pleasure, for giving pleasure or for relieving your own nervous tension.
-sex indifferent, despite not attracted to sex, having sex doesn't bother you, you may as well have sex if your partner is zedsexual.
-sex repulsive (=apothisexual), for you having sex with someone is disgusting.

Asexuality is a question of attractivity, not a question of practice, you may have sex or masturbate even if you are asexual. Asexuality is not always a life time condition.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 4:26 pm

Asexuality is an absence of sexual attraction to other people.

An asexual person can be romantically attracted to someone, however.

cemil
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2019, 9:46 pm

No sexually orientated to none of the sexes .

Asexuals and bisexuals are even more fascinating than monosexuals are imo .. they receive less discrimination than gays or lesbians do i believe.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 5:38 pm

A person who identifies as "asexual" has no desire for sexual relations with anyone, but may or may not still have an ability to feel romantic attraction to someone.

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2019, 7:20 pm

(To the best of my understanding)
Asexual means a lack of sexual attraction.
This is independent of libido, platonic feelings, romantic feelings, or physiological reactions.
Pop culture does not do a good job of representing.
Someone who is asexual may or may not be romantically or sexually active. Confused?
Someone who is asexual may enjoy the sensations of intercourse without finding someone sexually attractive. And romance is independent of sex (despite pop culture messaging).

There are also cases of someone not feeling attraction to anyone until they have formed a significant emotional bond. (I think referred to as 'demisexual' or 'grey-sexual', I do not recall)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 7:31 pm

Someone who is asexual can still feel romantic attraction toward others, just not sexual attraction. A romantic asexual desires a romantic relationship but has no desire for sex. There are also people, like me, who are nonromantic asexual and don't desire either a romantic relationship or sex.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 8:16 pm

I had sex with my wife from 1983-1990 when she had a stroke. I blew very hot and cold when it came to sex ,with quite lengthy lay offs. It wasn't something I found highly enjoyable or repulsive . Since 1990 I've had no sex . My wife died in 2005.

It's not something I yearn for .

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2019, 8:21 pm

Merriam-Webster is your friend...

asexual adjective
asex·​u·​al | \ (ˌ)ā-ˈsek-sh(ə-)wəl , -shü-əl, -ˈsek-shəl\
Definition of asexual
1 : lacking sex or functional sex organs
asexual plants
2a : involving or reproducing by reproductive processes (such as cell division, spore formation, fission (see FISSION entry 1 sense 2), or budding (see BUD entry 2 sense intransitive 3)) that do not involve the union of individuals or gametes
asexual reproduction
an asexual generation
b : produced by asexual reproduction
asexual spores
3a : not involving, involved with, or relating to sex : devoid of sexuality
an asexual relationship
b : not having sexual feelings toward others : not experiencing sexual desire or attraction
In general, an asexual person does not feel or otherwise experience any sexual attraction, according to The Asexual Visibility & Education Network (AVEN). Basically, it is an inborn absence of sexual desire.
4 : not having or showing a particular sexual identity : neither male nor female
… parents who first encounter the world of Pokemon through their youngsters may have no idea what this land of soft, rounded, asexual creatures is or what drives it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 9:52 am

Here is a combination of the professional view and first person testimony from Pink Therapy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GpojONQ7ipE

Domenico.11.07
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Dec 2019, 8:13 pm

Asexual means that you’re not interested in sexual conduct. They can still date, but thE relationship probably won’t be sexual.