Toucan
Toucan

16 Jan 2019, 4:53 am

My sister is that person

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 2:07 am

My mom is the only person I can be myself around. Sounds sad coming from a 36yr old, and to me it is sad. And it's new to me, I eased myself into it. I've hidden myself from everyone my entire life, it's something I definitely don't recommend. Though odds are, if you are at this site you are already aware of why you are the way you are. I didn't know why, I just thought I was slightly crazy. It was pure relief to find out I was just autistic.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 2:30 am

Yes, one person.

Laura O
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2019, 10:05 am

My dog always, usually I can be myself with my husband, on a really good day I can be me with my daughter.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 6:00 pm

I'm fortunate enough to have oner really close friend that I can stim around and ask "dumb" questions and generally just be me. I can talk as much or as little as I want to and its OK. I don't have to pretend to be happy, or anything other than what I actually feel...

and its the best feeling on earth. Especially on a day where everything felt too loud, too bright, and too full of noise and people.

purplecloud
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Feb 2019, 6:27 pm

I'd say I can be 98% myself around my closest family (mother, father and brother) and 90% around my two friends.

When it comes to stimming I do the most "weird" ones when I'm alone in my room, but my family has seen some of them.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 6:51 pm

I'm fortunate to have my parents for that.

My stepdad and my mum.

My dad's been too much himself around me to really confide in much. Himself is a paranoid person who thinks the mafia's after him and likes to pick fights with strangers. At least he can't judge me.

I can be 90% myself around everyone I'm close with (family). It's just the paracosm thing which is a huge 10%.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 7:32 pm

Completely, no. In descending order: the closest would be my wife then kids, then my Dad and sister, then no one.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 2:03 pm

Everyone. That is why i call them friends. The others get phased out from my life in time.

I go for quality over quantity.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 3:38 pm

Does this 'somebody' have to be a person?
Lol no I dont, but I cant be myself around my pets so that works for me :mrgreen:
(If Im being honest, I dont know if Id be able to be 100% myself around anyone. I dont think Id know how)

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 1:03 pm

Welcome Laura, I hope your able to feel a great deal of serenity here during your tenure here.