Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

PredatoryTunicate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2019, 6:55 pm

I had this idea a while ago. It’s a hierarchy of things a government should accomplish in order to, in my opinion, function best.
First, they should try to improve the state of the planet. That means cutting down on toxic gases released into the environment, switching to renewable power, installing more regulations, and making programs to protect wildlife.
Secondly, they should work on improving the well-being of the people. I don’t know everything that would include, yet it would probably mean there would be reforms to the education system, making basic life needs such as shelter, food, and electricity cheaper, and raising the minimum wage.
After that, the government should focus mainly on recreational things, like providing funding for museums and theaters.
All the remaining funds would be used for whatever the government wants, as long as it doesn’t contradict any of the accomplishments previously made. For example, the government could use the money to make a fancy new giverment building, yet they couldn’t build the building somewhere that’s a wildlife protection place.
I’m not that good with government-related or political stuff, and my views on things can be summed up as, “If it’s nice, then it should be done,” so I probably made a mistake with this somewhere. Any critique on this is welcome.