Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dani92
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2019, 4:24 am

I've had Autism for a very long time and in that time I've felt like I was climbing the world's tallest mountain, except it feels like I'm going down not up.
I have no friends, or boyfriends. In the past I attempted to make some friends but was never able to communicate with anybody particularly well. This proved to be a problem at work as well which led to me being bullied before I shortly left.

In the last year my health has began to deteriorate. I've always had aches and pains but in the last year they've worsened. My mental health is terrible. Mood swings. Insomnia and countless panic attacks and Crohn's Disease...
I feel like I'm going absolutely crazy!
I'm having dark thoughts as well, recently they come and go too frequently. I have no one else to turn to. I'm just alone and I fear my time on Earth is short. Don't think I can ride out this storm.

I assumed my aches and pains were normal, but this last year I've been having chest and shoulder pain and I've since been diagnosed with something really serious. I don't think I'm going to beat this, I'm so weak physically and mentally :(

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 8:44 am

May you be well.
May you be happy.
May you be free of suffering,
And at peace.

Black Spot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2019, 9:39 am

Don't give up. Whatever happens try to live your life as much as possible as the way you'd like. Sod everyone else. You are you, and that should be enough.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 10:48 am

I hate this world because it makes people like you suffer.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 1:37 pm

Don't give up.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 2:27 pm

It might be good for you to have someone during these times.

You might lean on the following people:
Your parents or siblings.
Your pastor, priest or rabbi.
When my mom was very sick, they set her up with hospice care. They provided her volunteers that would visit her and help her through the really rough times.
And then you have the collective knowledge of those on this board. Generally we are too far away to personally hold your hand but our spirit is there with you.

NeilM
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jan 2019, 2:32 pm

Dani92,
I can sympathize about your lack of friends and having been bullied on the job. I've been down both of those rocky roads. But unfortunately they depend on other people which we have no control over.

Regarding your physical situation I can make a recommendation. You sound as tho you may be sensitive to a number of things, not only the foods you eat but other things like soap or shampoo you use, places you go, your bedroom environment, among many other things. I have had reactions to such things and they manifested in insomnia. And when you don't sleep, chronically, many different things begin to happen, both physical and mental.

I suggest you keep records of what you eat and when, and as much else as you can that you come in contact with. Remember that what you put on your skin is absorbed into your system so that needs to be recorded as well. If you need to apply lotion for rough hands or feet, for example, do so in the morning (so it can be processed and eliminated by bedtime) and keep track of it in your records.

The objective is to get more and better sleep. And as we say here repeatedly, if you are not taking an antidepressant, please see your doctor (a general practitioner will do) and get him to write a prescription for one. The antidepressant is to reduce your anxiety and a decent night's sleep is near impossible when you are so anxious. If you are taking one, then you probably know what I'm talking about.

Do what you can to clean up your diet and eat healthy while you keep your records. Once you begin to have some successes you will see what I am talking about and be motivated to continue.

I hope these help. PM me back if you have questions.

AQ = 38 MBTI = ISTJ Gender = Non-binary
I strive not to perseverate. You can PM me for more info.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 3:42 pm

Try and focus on one problem at a time, not the "big picture". Autistic people often have problems focusing on multiple things at once but are often very good at hyper-focusing on one thing.

I do not know your serious medical condition but it seems to involve a lot of pain. Chronic severe pain can be often controlled by a pain management regiment. If you feel physically better it will help you mentally.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dani92
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2019, 3:52 pm

jimmy m wrote:
It might be good for you to have someone during these times.

You might lean on the following people:
Your parents or siblings.
Your pastor, priest or rabbi.
When my mom was very sick, they set her up with hospice care. They provided her volunteers that would visit her and help her through the really rough times.
And then you have the collective knowledge of those on this board. Generally we are too far away to personally hold your hand but our spirit is there with you.

Unfortunately I don't have any parents, but I do have regular home visits by my doctor/helper. She comes by every couple of days to check up on me.

I'm sorry about your mum. I know how you feel :(
Thank you for the spirit, I'm feeling its warmth and sunshine.

Dani92
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2019, 4:16 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Try and focus on one problem at a time, not the "big picture". Autistic people often have problems focusing on multiple things at once but are often very good at hyper-focusing on one thing.

I do not know your serious medical condition but it seems to involve a lot of pain. Chronic severe pain can be often controlled by a pain management regiment. If you feel physically better it will help you mentally.

Thanks for the advice. I focus on the big picture a lot, I find it hard to switch off, at night I lay awake for hours just thinking, anxious and scared.

It is painful and tiring but there's treatment for it. The treatment can be particularly nasty too but it's got to be better than dying.

My doctor is supposed to be giving me new pills to help me sleep and switch off on Monday. I hope they work.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 7:31 pm

Dani92 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I focus on the big picture a lot, I find it hard to switch off, at night I lay awake for hours just thinking, anxious and scared.

It is painful and tiring but there's treatment for it. The treatment can be particularly nasty too but it's got to be better than dying.

My doctor is supposed to be giving me new pills to help me sleep and switch off on Monday. I hope they work.

You are welcome and I hope the new medication works.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 10:50 pm

When I feel like I am losing it and can't take anymore, I try to think of it as experiencing a severe thunderstorm with high winds, lightning, thunder, hail, tornadoes touching down around me. All I have to do is hang on till the storm is over. I don't know if this perspective would be helpful for you, but it has helped me.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 10:06 am

(((Dani)))

Dani92
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2019, 11:09 am

Thanks IstominFan :heart:

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 12:06 pm

I take a lot of inspiration from WP members with serious health or personal problems. Just the fact that they keep on going, is inspiring. Some members who give me this feeling are:

Raleigh
EzraS.
ASPartOfMe
SocOfAutism
blazingstar

and there are others. None of these people are trying to be inspirations, they just are.

Dani92
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2019, 12:24 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
I take a lot of inspiration from WP members with serious health or personal problems. Just the fact that they keep on going, is inspiring. Some members who give me this feeling are:

Raleigh
EzraS.
ASPartOfMe
SocOfAutism
blazingstar

and there are others. None of these people are trying to be inspirations, they just are.

I've seen a lot of inspiring people since joining here. Maybe one day I'll be an inspiration to somebody here.