Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 9:19 am

THE NIB - "Whiteness at Work", by Matt Bors

Link to Cartoon

Yeah, I agree that Trump's Alt-Reich people finally got it white this time.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 9:39 am

Do a racism :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 12:34 pm

I can't... I musn't... no!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 12:46 pm

The murrincans have dug themselves a mass grave, and every day that grave gets a foot deeper. :roll:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 12:59 pm

Yup

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 1:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
THE NIB - "Whiteness at Work", by Matt Bors

Link to Cartoon

Yeah, I agree that Trump's Alt-Reich people finally got it white this time.

Brilliant.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 5:17 pm

Fnord, thank you so much for finding and sharing that succinct little piece of perfection!

:lol:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 5:29 pm

No, I don't think enough has been said. I think we need to move past the polemic rhetoric that has infected political discourse like a cancer. But hey, maybe I'm crazy! Maybe I'm just tired of this country being ripped apart by the left/right paradigm to the benefit of the oligarchs.

Lock me up, now! I'm certifiably crazy!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 5:30 pm

And it looks like they were harassing women before the incident with Nathan Phillips happened:

https://twitter.com/roflinds/status/1087486166939680768
https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/sta ... 2283776003
(The article I pulled these tweets from: https://www.wonkette.com/will-someone-p ... till-white)

I'm really seeing a pattern of behaviour here which is not reflecting well on the boys and making me doubt their claim that other people "started it". Let's not forget they were in Washington D.C. to protest women's right to health care in the first place. Misogyny and racism seem to go together with the MAGA hats.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 5:54 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
... I think we need to move past the polemic rhetoric that has infected political discourse like a cancer...
I sincerely wish that we damn well would! This "Us against Them" shaite has to end and end now!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 6:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
... I think we need to move past the polemic rhetoric that has infected political discourse like a cancer...
I sincerely wish that we damn well would! This "Us against Them" shaite has to end and end now!

I couldn't agree more! But why are you throwing fuel on the fire? I'm not looking for an argument here; rather a discussion. If you understand what I'm saying, then don't you understand that posts like this are not helping the situation?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 7:41 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I couldn't agree more! But why are you throwing fuel on the fire? I'm not looking for an argument here; rather a discussion. If you understand what I'm saying, then don't you understand that posts like this are not helping the situation?

You know why

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 8:21 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
No, I don't think enough has been said. I think we need to move past the polemic rhetoric that has infected political discourse like a cancer. But hey, maybe I'm crazy! Maybe I'm just tired of this country being ripped apart by the left/right paradigm to the benefit of the oligarchs.

Give up the fight, let the fascists win. Um.... no. This is a war, a cold war, between the forces of oppression and those of fairness and justice. Polemics began with Trump because Republicans responded to it like meth. Now, it's our fault the discourse has coarsened? Give me a break.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 9:20 pm

AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Give up the fight, let the fascists win. Um.... no. This is a war, a cold war, between the forces of oppression and those of fairness and justice. Polemics began with Trump because Republicans responded to it like meth. Now, it's our fault the discourse has coarsened? Give me a break.

Yeah, it's a war. It's a war against the system that produced a Trump presidency. Get rid of Trump, and we still have the same system. You gonna be cool with that? If we get another Democrat in office with a big smiley face and respectable personality, are you going to go back to sleep while the oligarchs stick it up your ass and continue to carve up this country? Sure you will! Because you don't have the slightest clue what I'm talking about!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 9:41 pm

Last edited by SaveFerris on 22 Jan 2019, 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.: Edited by mod

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 9:59 pm

Lulz. I have nothing more constructive to contribute at the moment.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う