The super confusing “date”...

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 3:59 pm

Earthling wrote:

The second one sounds like a player. Hot girls always have a long list of suitors. It's normal to be hopeful, but I expect not much beyond free meals for her. Maybe sex, but even then I doubt she is in the mood to commit long term.

To be fair, she doesn't sound the case at all, she is way more shy than the disco girl in the OP.

She even said she hates dancing and despises alcohol.

But the date with her was super weird and dry:
- Like when I was sitting next to her on the dinner table, with her sister and the sister's bf, she tilted her head in a way that her hair covers almost the entire side of her face closer to me, so when I was talking to her, I was talking to....hair, she replies in the same way without changing a motion, as if she doesn't want to show her eyes at all. She stayed like that all during dinner.

- Her sister, who's older, very extrovert and totally opposite to her, was encouraging me to hold her hand while walking, but her body language was totally non-receptive and uncomfortable, so I didn't even attempt to do so. Actually, she was keeping a certain distance all the time.

- The only moments she sounded more at ease is when she showed me some funny videos on her phone, this is the only instance when she talked in ease and got close (distance wise) to me but it lasted very short.

- She refused to eat anything bit 'unusual' on the dinner table, which had a variety of mini dishes. She only ate a half grilled fish and tabbouleh, and she didn't even like the latter because it doesn't taste like an exact homemade.

- She is very expressionless overall, her sister mentioned that even if when she(SN) is sad, jealous, or happy, she barely shows any facial expression. And she was like 'why stressing myself with emotions?' , she said it in a very robotic way.

- Her sister mentioned she dragged her two weekends ago to same disco I went with that girl mentioned in the OP (the first date)! and they did remember me because they saw me and my "date" helping a drunk friend who was vomiting. And I did remember seeing SN (before I know her) sitting in the middle there, not engaging with anyone, no drink was in her hand, she was remarkably the most person who seemed not fit in the whole ambiance, when I asked if she was the one who was sitting in the middle table just sitting and doing nothing, she confirmed.
She said she finds the place boring but her sister always drags her to it. This is when she commented I am a "Playboy" because she remembered seeing me with that girl, who was was acting so affectionate back then, but then I explained to her what really happened on the 2nd date and she was like 'O really'.

Quote:
I want to ask, how do you know that they are into you physically? Did they just tell you or how do you know?

Yes, they told me so, SN told me I am too handsome.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 10:29 pm

SN sounds like a good girl for me. But I'm weird. And married.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 2:39 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
SN sounds like a good girl for me. But I'm weird. And married.

On paper she is, but she didn't sound to like me much. Actually, not at all.

Also the fact that she texted me 'Call me' then declined the call tells me that this is a very difficult person to deal with.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 11:43 am

I imagined her as eager to go on expensive dates but perhaps she really isn't a player.

Sounds like she might be a bit mentally unstable though. At the very least, she sounds depressed.
Well, who knows why she acts like that, but one thing I do know. People who don't show their feelings and keep them on the inside have an interpersonal dynamic that can be very exhausing to be around. The negative emotions can leak as passive-aggressiveness, sudden emotional outbursts (it's not pretty), but also with weird unexplained behavior like when she asked you to call her, then didn't pick up the phone. I have a weird feeling about it, like it's a test for her to see how much she can bs you, but I'm aware that that is an extreme thought.
Maybe she has an avoidant attachment style.
But she sounds so incredibly apathic, especially when you mentioned how she just sat there in the disco, or how dry the date went.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 4:18 pm

Earthling wrote:
I imagined her as eager to go on expensive dates but perhaps she really isn't a player.

Sounds like she might be a bit mentally unstable though. At the very least, she sounds depressed.
Well, who knows why she acts like that, but one thing I do know. People who don't show their feelings and keep them on the inside have an interpersonal dynamic that can be very exhausing to be around. The negative emotions can leak as passive-aggressiveness, sudden emotional outbursts (it's not pretty), but also with weird unexplained behavior like when she asked you to call her, then didn't pick up the phone. I have a weird feeling about it, like it's a test for her to see how much she can bs you, but I'm aware that that is an extreme thought.
Maybe she has an avoidant attachment style.
But she sounds so incredibly apathic, especially when you mentioned how she just sat there in the disco, or how dry the date went.

Her sister’s bf gave me his number when the girls were in the WC (on Saturday) and told me he wanna tell me something about SN, I took his number but he didn’t take mine and I forgot about it, but today I contacted him and he was like “at last! i wanted to warn you bro!”. - he told me not to waste time with SN as he saw her with someone who’s.... according to his own wording “a total piece of s**t type of guy” and told me she has the habit to flip guys with this type a lot.

Phew...! I blocked her!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 2:13 pm

Anyway I have two prospects, one of them I will see on this weekend.

This time it's not through a dating app! Yoohoo! Hallelujah! Something different at last!

But through a friend (more of an online chatmate actually) who mentioned a new coworker who thinks she's a good match for me (I dunno why), so I chatted her on facebook and it went well.

We will see.

Ferris, kindly rename the thread from "date" to consecutive "dates" or some other funny title.

And Oh....always feel free to abuse my posts with funny pics.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 10:59 am

Update: Got a new relationship, in FWB terms. But with a totally newer person, not mentioned earlier in this thread.
Not yet a bf/gf relationship, still to get know each other better for that, but it is an already exclusive sexual relationship.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 11:04 am

wrong post, deleted