Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 2:04 pm

After being horribly depressed, I was put on Zoloft. Now I'm the opposite... I'm mostly in a good mood, family drama has settled down, my husband is back home from the hospital and we're getting along, etc...

Now I'm afraid I'm hypomanic... It sucks being bipolar and being "afraid" of feeling better. What has happened in the past is I get to felling better than all the sudden I go full manic and for me full manic is hell...

But the med worked well on my anxiety too so I'm not too concerned.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 4:40 pm

Well, I'm glad your life has settled down some and you are feeling better. Keep an eye on your mood and behavior, and contact your psychiatrist if you think things have swung too far the other way.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 4:49 pm

I'm glad you're feeling better. I used Zoloft for many years (for PTSD), and found it worked much better at lower doses. Even the starter dose of 25 mg was sufficient although they bumped me up to 200mg in gradual increments. Of course everyone has a different tolerance or different needs, and everyone reacts differently, but be mindful if they keep increasing your dose. It may seem like it "stops working" or makes you a zombie. Anything over 50mg was too much for me. If that happens you may just need to lower the dose.

I hope it continues to help.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 6:28 pm

They started me at 50mg and bumped it up to 100. If I stay like this it's fine, but I'm watching out for signs I'm going manic, for me big signs include insomnia, increased sensory sensitivity and eventual delusions.

Oh, and my uncle wasn't talking about us on FB, someone else ticked him off and he was talking about them, right now they are leaving us alone pretty much.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 6:31 pm

Angnix wrote:
They started me at 50mg and bumped it up to 100. If I stay like this it's fine, but I'm watching out for signs I'm going manic, for me big signs include insomnia, increased sensory sensitivity and eventual delusions.

Oh, and my uncle wasn't talking about us on FB, someone else ticked him off and he was talking about them, right now they are leaving us alone pretty much.

I always took my Zoloft when I woke up instead of at bedtime. It caused me insomnia and/or stressful dreams at bedtime. If you start to develop insomnia it may be the Zoloft itself, so try taking it earlier instead of thinking that it's causing mania.

Good luck.