Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 8:11 pm

No plans. Waiting to hear from a couple of jobs I interviewed for this week. May treat myself to lunch.

Thinking about the episode of the Simpsons where Bart made homemade candy hearts that said "U Stink", "Luv Sux", etc.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 8:14 pm

littlebee wrote:
Right now my boyfriend is laying in a snf--"sniff" (skilled nursing facility) in a diaper and I cannot even reach him on the phone as he is sleeping so much, and this would be the same, or about the same, be it tomorrow or today

I'm sorry you and your boyfriend are going through this. It sounds rough.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 8:16 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I sent cards to my mom, sister, sister in law, niece and 8-year-old nephew.

That's sweet. You made me smile. :)

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 10:04 pm

No plans, it's just another day for me. When I was a kid, even into highschool my mother would get me something and a card but since then it hasn't had any importance in my life.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 10:15 pm

My twin and I share a birthday today.

I'm single now but it's sure nice to have a partner to celebrate Valentine's Day with.

fez
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Feb 2019, 1:54 am

Nothing! Apart from receive a bunch of cards and school crafts from my kids.

My husband and I met on Valentine’s Day 15 years ago today.... and we still do nothing. I savour the idea that neither of us is into this kind of thing.

Valentine’s :heart:to everyone who is :heart:

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2019, 1:57 am

Happy Valentine's day everyone.

Rodland
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2019, 2:08 am

In my country the day is rather about friendship than lovers. I am going to spend the day with my best friends IBM T43 and Lenovo M55 as usual.

Does anyone else see irony in a fact that the day is also the birthday of Thomas Malthus?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 3:15 am

Last year I bought a single packaged dark chocolate covered marshmallow heart. I really want another one. They are hard to find though. Maybe Walgreens or Bartells has them.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 5:13 am

Romantic weekend with my girlfriend. We're going to check out some ice sculptures (depending on the weather), try some restaurants, watch some movies, try some new stores, and take her dogs for some walks.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 6:35 am

I'll be watching Om Nom Stories on YouTube while eating those cinnamon hearts that I like so much.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 6:41 am

Valentine was special to me in the years we had our dog Viggo, as he came to us on that date. We always celebrated him and thought it very sweet that his day of arrival was on the day that is called 'all hearts' day' here.

This year I am taking advantage of a Valentine's day book sale, which is nice, as I'm drooling for some of those books. I like a good deal! :mrgreen:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 6:53 am

Thank goodness we're civilized, and with proper dignity, restraint, and decorum can partake in the genteel traditions of buying a smarmy card, an expensive bouquet of dead flowers, and an overpriced meal at a pretentious restaurant; vastly preferable to the uncouth and debauched rituals of oiling our naked bodies, donning wolf skins, and shameless orgiastic feasting, fornicating, and general revelry of as unseemly a festival as Lupercalia.

Last edited by Piobaire on 14 Feb 2019, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Feb 2019, 7:00 am

Girls in my daughter's kintergarten made a heap of cards with hearts and flowers for a boy who says he hates Valentine's Day, hearts and flowers... I don't know what to think about it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 7:34 am

Predictably enough, nothing. As someone who's never had a valentine and never had a girlfriend, best case scenario, Valentine's day can just be a normal day, indistinguishable from any other regular day. Worst case scenario, it brings my inadequacies and discontentment with being chronically single to the forefront and induces depression. I've never been able to celebrate Valentine's day with a significant other and all it does is serves as a reminder that other people can have relationships and I can't, so obviously I hate it.

InquisitveJay
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2019, 8:20 am

Opening cards together on video chat with my boyfriend later, then tomorrow I'll get to see him in the flesh and go out for a date :heart: