60's 70's Psychedelic/progressive/rock (The more rare ones)

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 10:51 am

I got into this kind of music and found some interesting music that I love. I like sharing music, so for people who care to listen I will post some of my favorites.

-Zappa, not as rare but I love this solo. For those who haven't heard of Zappa...

-Whole albums

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 3:11 am

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:51 am

I love Music Emporium!

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:54 am

Do you like Fapardokly?

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:18 am

They seem pretty good, I'll have to check into them. Lately I've been obsessively listening to 'The Psychedelic Salvage Company', the last one on the list I added. It's rather deeply psychedelic(I've done my share of LSD). I just discovered it about a month ago, I absolutely love it, the whole album. I discovered Music Emporium about 4 years ago, the songs I posted are some of my favorites, I like most of the songs on that album.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 3:03 pm

You know, when I entered this thread, I thought I was going to see/hear stuff from Van der Graf Generator, Yes, King Crimson, Genesis, Moody Blues, Vanilla Fudge, 13th Floor Elevator, or maybe even Blue Cheer. But these artists posted here are really obscure.

This is my first time hearing what must be the origin of Zep's Dazed & Confused. Tres cool. Very enlightening.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 5:17 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
You know, when I entered this thread, I thought I was going to see/hear stuff from Van der Graf Generator, Yes, King Crimson, Genesis, Moody Blues, Vanilla Fudge, 13th Floor Elevator, or maybe even Blue Cheer. But these artists posted here are really obscure.

This is my first time hearing what must be the origin of Zep's Dazed & Confused. Tres cool. Very enlightening.

Yes, I love them. Jake Holmes is the original artist of Dazed and Confused, Jimmy page went to see him give a show, then Jake Holmes died shortly after and Page steals his song, he modifies it with a few different groups before forming Led Zeppelin. I say steals because he never gave credit nor mentioned Jake Holmes. They apparently did that a lot and have had a few law suits.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 5:31 pm

I think Holmes is still alive. He also cowrote Sinatra's Watertown album and parts of Genuine Imitation Life Gazette by the Four Seasons, two great albums.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 5:42 pm

HighLlama wrote:
I think Holmes is still alive. He also cowrote Sinatra's Watertown album and parts of Genuine Imitation Life Gazette by the Four Seasons, two great albums.

Lol, that's what I get for not researching things. I believe I read that off of youtube when I discovered the song. I juust looked him up for the first time, apparently he just sued Led in 2010.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 5:47 pm

Two female fronted progressive rock bands a rarity for that time.

Renaissance was somewhat known a bit at the time but has largely been forgotten.

Curved Air was and is very well known in the UK but obscure in America

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 12:38 pm

ASPartOfMe, those were pretty good. I'm attracted to this kind of music for many of reasons, like musical complexity, rhythm, progressive nature of an evolving song and the wide use of many instruments, which has seemed to mostly die out in current music policed by record corporations, free will of the artist didn't always turn out to be the best, but when it did, it was completely amazing! The majority of music today cannot compete with the profound creativity and complexity aspect of music in the past.

This one most people know, I'm only putting it up because it's an awesome song, what makes it unique is the version, a live performance where she just completely nailed her vocals to perfection(IMO), truly, all of it just synced up perfectly. White rabbit (Live version).

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 6:13 pm

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 1:34 pm

Just to make it easier to scan songs...

...well that's just horrible, it want let me set times to break albums down??

The Aggregation

The Lady at the Gate 1967

Life's Light

Flying Free

Last edited by Crimadella on 23 Feb 2019, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 3:57 pm

Emtidi - Saat (1972) (Full Album)

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 4:06 pm

Sweet Smoke - Album: Just A Poke - Song: Baby Night

Crimadella
Veteran