What works better for you: hookup apps or hookup sites?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2019, 2:55 pm

In the past 4-5 years, I tried (and I am still using) many hookup apps and sites to arrange some casual sex.

Tried almost everything, at this moment I am on 4 hookup sites and 2 apps (Tinder and Pure). For me a bit better are sites than apps, I am having an impression that is a bit lower competition on sites. On the other side, I have the impression that 9/10 and 10/10 guys, bang all girls on apps.

I am interested what working better for you, when it comes to finding some casual sex partners: sites or apps?
Or maybe sites like okCupid.com and pof.com? Or something else?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 3:15 pm

^ they are the same, there’s a web and app version for the same site.
The “app” (ie okcupid) of this nature is usually the site rendered in a “web-view” within the app. Only things like buttons, icons and skins may be installed on your device, and only things like access to cam and voice may be ‘native’ to the device’s OS but everything else is html/css/js and reading from the same database as their web version.

So it’s impossible to have less competiton on one than the other.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 3:21 pm

I'd say the best bet would be a site or app, made specifically for hookups/casual sex, then its already known why you are there.

With dating sites like Okcupid it may be more complicated because there are people looking for serious relationships on those as well as people looking for hook-ups...so unless you are clear on your profile and from the beginning(when you first meet someone) that you're just interested in casual hookups/sex, you could end up leading someone on.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 11:51 am

You've been trying for years... Have you not had any success on these?

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2019, 2:13 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:

Yes, I had and I am having still but wanted to hear other people opinions...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 5:20 pm

Used to be both when craigslist still had personals, now just an app. (Grindr) There are other gay apps (several of them) and at least one site I can think of, but I can't be bothered since Grindr is the most popular And from what I hear pretty much all other apps/sites have mostly the same people on them.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2019, 4:31 am

Neither I’m hopeless

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2019, 12:26 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Used to be both when craigslist still had personals, now just an app. (Grindr) There are other gay apps (several of them) and at least one site I can think of, but I can't be bothered since Grindr is the most popular And from what I hear pretty much all other apps/sites have mostly the same people on them.

Ok, thanks for sharing, but is Grindr just gay oriented app or it is both gay/bisexual and straight?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 1:37 pm

Neither.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 11:15 pm

exy34 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Ok, thanks for sharing, but is Grindr just gay oriented app or it is both gay/bisexual and straight?

It's almost entirely gay guys, but, there are exceptions: Bi guys, trans guys/girls, and self described "straight" guys (suuuurrrreeee..) who like to hookup with guys (uh, not straight.. but whatever you have to tell yourself, buddy lol.)

But yeah, it's definitely a gay hookup app - afaik, it's the original and most popular, possibly worldwide. Some Chinese company owns it now. The gay community has had Grindr for more than a decade.. then along came the straight sort-of ripoff, Tinder, and straight people were like "Whoa, location based hookup app.. this is awesome!" and us gays were like "Uh, yeah, we've known for more than a decade.." :P

Grindr is more valuable to the gay community than Tinder is to straights, though, simply because it's been The App to identify, chat, & connect with other local gay guys vs. the awkwardness that would ensue if gay guys just hit on every guy they found attractive and then found out they were straight and/or homophobes. Grindr, other apps & sites, have been game changers for the gay community. Gay bar owners don't like it much, though, as people no longer have to go to gay bars to meet gay people - so gay bars are closing because of it.

Rodland
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2019, 5:11 pm

exy34 wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

So, how do you do it?

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2019, 4:07 pm

Rodland wrote:
exy34 wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

So, how do you do it?

Just large number game. One good message, copy/pasted to 50 girls, those who answer (very small number of girls answering me) I am "driving" conversation and time by the time I land one-night stand. Simply...

Rodland
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2019, 11:55 am

exy34 wrote:
Just large number game. One good message, copy/pasted to 50 girls, those who answer (very small number of girls answering me) I am "driving" conversation and time by the time I land one-night stand. Simply...

Wonder how much you have to put in it. How much swiping per day, how much chatting per success.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 12:59 pm

Dating apps are sausage fest.

Hookup apps...are almost sausage-only fest.

The only women you would usually find there are lesbians.... or bisexuals seeking for another girl for a threesome with the boyfriend.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 1:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The only women you would usually find there are lesbians.... or bisexuals seeking for another girl for a threesome with the boyfriend.

8) :lol:

Not entirely true. I worked with some waitresses who admitted to using Tinder to hookup, so, it does happen.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 1:07 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

8) :lol:

Not entirely true. I worked with some waitresses who admitted to using Tinder to hookup, so, it does happen.

And those would only swipe on six-pack models even if the woman is way below average, I have done several experiments on Tinder, I confirm that only the model-looking six-pack guys get a steady significant number of matches there; and man....I swear there are way so many obese women there, even women in their 50s, who think they have a chance with a 25 Mr. wall calendar hunk; it's really laughable.

It is not our field for us the non-Olympian gods mere mortals, I had way more success with apps where they can see my first message, without the need for being matched based on pics first. Also I had way more success with foreigners, hookup and relationship wise.

The foreigners on Tinder are all fake: viewtopic.php?t=362195

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 03 Mar 2019, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.