Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

littlebee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 1:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
littlebee wrote:
I see this thread went waaay downhill overnight. Please stick to the topic of this thread, which topic is not what is or is not social rejection and/or how bad it is...
In every applicable context or only in the singular context of childhood experiences?

In any applicable context.

Dear_one wrote:
littlebee wrote:
I see this thread went waaay downhill overnight.
<snip> So how such an imo self-defeating behavioral syndrome work, particularly in causing suffering for other people?"[/b]

Maybe the answer to the question you tried to frame is that rejection easily becomes a positive feedback loop, so we should keep trying fresh approaches and see if we can find one that works. I think that Tiny Tim and Emo Phillips proved that nearly anything can be popular if it does not take itself too seriously.

Thanks. I think it would be productive to talk about the subject of social rejection and autism from this angle (meaning both positive and also negative feedback loops). Here is a link I quickly chose, if people want to look at it first.

https://serc.carleton.edu/introgeo/models/loops.html

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 2:15 pm

So, basically, anybody suffering with anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc, should just get over it because there are more worse things in the world.

These types of thinkers just annoy me.

littlebee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 2:42 pm

Why do you think anyone would even care what annoys you? At least I surely don't/

This said, imo the comments you are responding, er, actually reacting to were probably not that productive in this particular dialogue, as no one really knows the degree of suffering another person is experiencing psychologically, the real pain involved or what it means to them, but it is a possibly constructive way of looking at things from a different angle and not being so entirely focused on ones own subjective experiencing and ones own suffering. In other words, turning things around and looking from another angle can open a door, not only to feeling compassion for others but also for feeling compassion in a new way for oneself.

So how is what you wrote a way of doing or even seeing anything differently? I do not get it. If you care to give some idea content and explain, I would be glad to read what you write and give it serious consideration.

Last edited by littlebee on 06 Mar 2019, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 3:11 pm

Why do I even bother replying to these threads? :roll:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 4:12 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Why do I even bother replying to these threads? :roll:

Joe90... aren't you suffering from flu? Give yourself a break... have a Lemsip and an early night.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame