BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2019, 2:40 pm

Sephora: Enabling a Workforce with Disabilities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM93tH-E_BY
Sephora Life
Published on Sep 5, 2018
Sephora is proud to support our community and our employees by promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. It’s common knowledge at Sephora that our purpose is to "Inspire Fearlessness." But this commitment goes way beyond our stores and the world of beauty – it also means supporting people to make bold choices in their everyday lives.

To make this goal a reality for our people and communities, Sephora's Distribution Center in Olive Branch, MS, is marching toward its objective to staff 30% of its workforce with people with disabilities

"Dylan was diagnosed with autism at age 4."

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 4:01 pm

As someone obsessed with cosmetics and makeup this is wonderful news.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2019, 4:02 pm

Seems to be the going trend right now for people, disability or not, to be employed in warehouses because it requires such little skill and you are able to pass as a normal person if you keep your head down and do the work.

In my case however it would seem this is the only form of work i'll be able to realistically perform without error; repetitive and relatively simple work and requiring little technical expertise doomed to be on a low income because of lack of career progression or simply not social enough to climb the ladder. Even though the guy who was lucky enough to secure an apartment of his own must live in a really cheap area, some people including myself are struggling to find their own place even if it is a house share - warehouse jobs often are used as a second job or a way to supplement your income to find another job.

Good for those who have had trouble all their lives finding employment nonetheless.

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2019, 4:09 pm

This is amazing! I like makeup and I've been to a Sephora before and they were very nice.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 6:38 pm

And my love affair with Sephora continues to grow. This video is beautiful. Thank you for posting it!

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.