Trump's economy breaking records left and right

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 11:56 pm

The leftist media and leftists online cover it up, deny it, ignore it, and lie about it, but the record-breaking improvements keep coming. (But OMG, some teenager smirked at somebody somewhere!!)

There Are Four Lights!

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 2:13 am

I'm just curious to see what the Trump haters will have to say. Surely something is wrong with the data, the reporter...something?? The trend is it's nearly impossible for Trump to do anything good.

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 3:12 am

So in democrat years it's the private corps responsible b/c politicians don't contribute much and when trump is president it's all him? (fyi, I don't support anyone, but least of all an orange turd who just watches cable and brags while puffing out his chest like a saggy old orangutan)

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 6:46 am

Politics must be the most boring fantasy ever.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 10:10 am

Are you better off now than before he was elected?

On paper, I'm wealthier, but I've been wealthy enough for quite some time.
But, not everyone has the same set of values. For some, you can never have enough money.

It is more dangerous to travel, so I've cut back on business travel.
I have seniority so I can do that.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 10:32 am

HighLlama wrote:
Politics must be the most boring fantasy ever.

It all depends on who you are and what floats your boat. :D

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 12:28 pm

The influence of government policy on the american economy has always been overstated. The economy is doing well right now not because of anything Trump or Obama has done, but because of factors outside of the control of the government.

Politicians cannot control the economy much as they would like to.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 12:32 pm

Antrax wrote:
The influence of government policy on the american economy has always been overstated. The economy is doing well right now not because of anything Trump or Obama has done, but because of factors outside of the control of the government.

Didn't the stock market jump up when Trump got into office because of expected tax cuts on the rich? Or what do you know about this, I have heard that expectations jumped when Trump got into office, which boosted our economy. (I'm in the process of learning all this stuff)

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 12:54 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Antrax wrote:

Didn't the stock market jump up when Trump got into office because of expected tax cuts on the rich? Or what do you know about this, I have heard that expectations jumped when Trump got into office, which boosted our economy. (I'm in the process of learning all this stuff)

Yes stock market speculation happened in the wake of Trump's election and rallied all through the transition period. This was just that: speculation. Trump hadn't done anything yet. The continued growth has to do with a fundamentally strong economy that was growing strong before Trump took office. If the economy wasn't fundamentally strong when he took over the speculation would've evaporated before any of his policies could take effect. I don't credit Obama with this economy, just as I don't credit Trump. All their efforts to grow the economy are the equivalent of trying to change the course of a giant cruise ship with a single oar.

One major reason for the economic growth (climate change fanatics cover your eyes) is the growth of the frakking industry. The chemicals industry in the US has bounced back strong as the result of cheap natural gas. This has lessened energy and material costs for all other industries boosting the economy. No tax or monetary policy caused this merely technical innovation of private industry.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 1:50 pm

A continued strong stock market implies the dominance of "winning" companies like Apple, Google, and Walmart, and losers like Sears. And the creation of entirely new companies like Facebook. Money gets poured into the winners and taken from the losers.

This is hard to predict, there was a long time in which anyone could have gotten rich by predicting that Apple would be where is now.

I'm not even sure that a lot of the American populace understands exactly how Google makes its money.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 1:54 pm

You're giving credit for the economy to a slave driver instead of honest workers.

That's just shameful if you ask me.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2019, 2:07 pm

Non-supervisory wages — that is, wages of ordinary workers, not managers — rise sharply to highest levels in ten years. But then, if you're a leftist, you think this is bad news because you think it's better to keep people poor.

There Are Four Lights!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 12:30 am

la_fenkis wrote:
So in democrat years it's the private corps responsible b/c politicians don't contribute much and when trump is president it's all him? (fyi, I don't support anyone, but least of all an orange turd who just watches cable and brags while puffing out his chest like a saggy old orangutan)

ACHTUNG! WARNING!
High levels of emotionalism detected!
All rational discussion will be aborted!

While I am *trying* to be funny, emotional venting does nothing for the discussion...
Please desist...
Or I might start to cry... :mrgreen:

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 12:43 am

Pepe wrote:
la_fenkis wrote:

ACHTUNG! WARNING!

While I am *trying* to be funny, emotional venting does nothing for the discussion...
Please desist...

This thread was meant to engender a rational discussion? I think my tone was about on par with the OP, and even provided a more rational viewpoint.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 2:12 am

la_fenkis wrote:
Pepe wrote:
la_fenkis wrote:

ACHTUNG! WARNING!

Please desist...

This thread was meant to engender a rational discussion? I think my tone was about on par with the OP, and even provided a more rational viewpoint.

Quote:
(fyi, I don't support anyone, but least of all an orange turd who just watches cable and brags while puffing out his chest like a saggy old orangutan)

Errm... 8O