Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 4:15 pm

Now folks.....did I ever say that a person should be denied a choice?

I believe in what you believe.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Mar 2019, 3:24 am

cberg wrote:
Perhaps that's true of boring people, plenty of other people are much more curious than that. That kind of thinking slams a lot of doors in a lot of faces, including ours.

+1

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 4:03 pm

OK so I had to google who she is and what's the story behind her husband's diagnosis

I don't think anything ever can get rid of such stigma. ret*d people have been for centuries yet their bad stigma is as bad as it has ever been. AS is since 1994 or so, and pretty much since we're talking in terms of diagnosis, disorder, deficits, it is bound to have stigma. Not to mention autism is actually still used as a curse by people with 2 brain cells so either you're gonna educate every single individual or just don't give a rat's arse about what everyone thinks.

And that's why I only tell of my DX on a need to know basis. I have 2 jobs, one boss knows, one doesn't... did it help me? no because it doesn't matter. I'm completely self sufficient, am very social and "appear NT" for whatever it means. however it can only harm if I for some reason tell that to somebody upon meeting him/her regardless of what he/she is to me (employer/colleague/friend/dating/whatever)... people who are dear to me then yeah I will eventually tell that is if we're close and we share secrets I don't see why not. But still the first impression of Autism can mostly do more harm and less good... no matter who you are or what you're capable of on the personal level