Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:40 pm

The propagation seems to be mainly taking place from the left. There's the actual alt-right fringe and then there's the ubiquitous alt-right boogieman propagated by the left. Alt-right rhetoric being defined far more by the left than it is by the actual alt-right fringe.

Last edited by EzraS on 20 Mar 2019, 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:41 pm

Is there anyway you could post just a set of links? For some reason I cannot see the videos.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:43 pm

Crimadella wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I don't think there are many alt-righters on WP. I don't even think there are that many incels either.

No there aren't of course. There aren't many alt-righters in the world for that matter. It's a fringe element that's been augmented by the left. A byword that's used against most any kind of argument that's not in accord with leftist dogma.

Yea, it's a pretty amazing for some to actually believe that all evil in this world is a result of the alt-right and there is no blame at all within any portion of the left. There is plenty of hate to go around on all sides. The 'left' is not our savior, they contain corrupt authoritarian people, puppets of large corporations just as there are corrupt authoritarian people, puppets of large corporations on the right. Yet people try to pretend that right = devil while left = angel(Basically a fantasy world)

The truth of the mater is there are both bad people and good people on both sides. One side fears handing power to a corrupt government and the other side wishes to expand governments control to restrict corrupt people, the importance of both sides are equal.

This thread is not about the left-right divide, it is specifically about alt-right rhetoric. Please stick to the topic at hand or make your own thread about the left-right divide if that is what you wish to talk about.

Please define alt-right rhetoric and explain how it can be distinguished from someone just having an opinion that conflicts with those on the left.

Those things are all discussed in detail in the videos that are the topic of this thread. As I said to someone else, if you want to comment in this thread please watch the content of the videos that the thread is about so you can participate in the discussion of the content of the videos. If you don't want to watch them, then please don't bother participating in a discussion about them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:45 pm

An example of "Alt-Right" rhetoric:

Believing the "white race" is becoming "extinct" because of low birth rates.

Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:45 pm

Antrax wrote:
Is there anyway you could post just a set of links? For some reason I cannot see the videos.

Here is a link to the channel that has all the videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrskimps/videos

He makes others, but the videos I'm talking about in this thread are all the ones with the "Alt-Right Playbook" in the title, plus the two "Endnote" videos that go with them.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

But who defines what is alt-right rhetoric? The alt-right fringe itself or the left?

Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:52 pm

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

But who defines what is alt-right rhetoric? The alt-right fringe itself or the left?

If you want to understand how "alt-right rhetoric" is being defined and used in the context of the videos I posted, then watch them because it is very clearly explained within them. If not, please stop clogging up my thread with comments that only show you haven't bothered to take in what the subject of the thread is.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

As a side note, Augustin Cebada is credited as having said,

“Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die … Through love of having children, we are going to take over.”

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:29 pm

EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Well, so far, I'm on video two now, it's your typical blame game, like anyone who may use the word SJW to hate on their typical childish behavior, means you are stupid and are unwittingly taking up alt-right talking points, and that Trump is secretly an alt-right(racist man for white supremacy), and that his base is either stupid or racist because he introduce nothing but racist policies.(?? Which polices are racist...exactly??) If you can't convince them that you are correct, being the factually correct lefty, then the will deny any fact, grasping for any argument they can use to attempt to prove that you are incorrect, such foolish rightists, they don't understand the infinitely correct left, and if they try to prove you wrong, none of their arguments are valid because you, as the infinitely correct lefty, are in fact always right.

The rights facts do not count, they are just made up, logic which may conflict with the leftist opinion is invalid. Lol, and meeting in the middle, is a alt-right tactic, never change your mind, there is NO MEETING IN THE MIDDLE!! ! For we on the left are the ones who care, the ones on the right are; racist, misogynist, trans-phobic, homophobic, anti-women's choice(anti-abortion) and a lot of other stuff. If you have a conservative or even moderate opinion, you are either alt-right or so stupid that you fell for alt-right talking points and your opinions are stupid and don't matter.

There, that's my take after watching the first two videos, If you do not agree with leftist opinions it is because you are secretly alt-right, in denial of ultimate truth(the facts she presented), or so stupid you do not realize that your opinions aren't really your opinions, you have been tricked into adopting alt-right talking points.

Never-mind the fact that as polls show the left is currently widely divided and are in disagreement with each-other, so how you determine which opinions of the left are the correct ones is not clear, but it is important, because those correct opinions are the only ones that are not influenced by the alt-right.

Now I will eject myself from this conversation because it's pretty pointless. Good luck participants! :wtg:

Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:43 pm

That was...interesting. :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 10:02 pm

Crimadella wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Well, so far, I'm on video two now, it's your typical blame game, like anyone who may use the word SJW to hate on their typical childish behavior, means you are stupid and are unwittingly taking up alt-right talking points, and that Trump is secretly an alt-right(racist man for white supremacy), and that his base is either stupid or racist because he introduce nothing but racist policies.(?? Which polices are racist...exactly??) If you can't convince them that you are correct, being the factually correct lefty, then the will deny any fact, grasping for any argument they can use to attempt to prove that you are incorrect, such foolish rightists, they don't understand the infinitely correct left, and if they try to prove you wrong, none of their arguments are valid because you, as the infinitely correct lefty, are in fact always right.

The rights facts do not count, they are just made up, logic which may conflict with the leftist opinion is invalid. Lol, and meeting in the middle, is a alt-right tactic, never change your mind, there is NO MEETING IN THE MIDDLE!! ! For we on the left are the ones who care, the ones on the right are; racist, misogynist, trans-phobic, homophobic, anti-women's choice(anti-abortion) and a lot of other stuff. If you have a conservative or even moderate opinion, you are either alt-right or so stupid that you fell for alt-right talking points and your opinions are stupid and don't matter.

There, that's my take after watching the first two videos, If you do not agree with leftist opinions it is because you are secretly alt-right, in denial of ultimate truth(the facts she presented), or so stupid you do not realize that your opinions aren't really your opinions, you have been tricked into adopting alt-right talking points.

Never-mind the fact that as polls show the left is currently widely divided and are in disagreement with each-other, so how you determine which opinions of the left are the correct ones is not clear, but it is important, because those correct opinions are the only ones that are not influenced by the alt-right.

Now I will eject myself from this conversation because it's pretty pointless. Good luck participants! :wtg:

It's what one would expect from an "alt-right playbook" written by the left. There's nothing new here.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 10:41 pm

Antrax wrote:

Are you using a mobile phone to view this thread? That could be why

Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 10:41 pm

EzraS wrote:
It's what one would expect from an "alt-right playbook" written by the left. There's nothing new here.

Thanks for your input. I hope this means you're done with the thread now. Have a good day! :D

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 10:54 pm

enz wrote:
Antrax wrote:

Are you using a mobile phone to view this thread? That could be why

I didn't have any problem getting them to load on my phone.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 11:21 pm

Ok it took me a while to watch through all the videos (and I can see why you reacted the way you did to my honest but not extreme comments on the other thread). There's a lot of good things I agree with but also some problematic arguments:

The good
1. Short pithy arguments that are wrong are more effective than long complex arguments that are correct.
Sadly this is the case, and I think a lot of my arguments tend to get lost on people because they tend to be long complex and nuanced. People will usually than boil my arguments down to the simple things they assume it to say

2. Underhanded tactics trump rule following.
Again sadly true, if other people cheat and you don't you'll lose, unless you can convince a referee your opponent is cheating.

3. Entire discussion of mainstreaming.

4. Two parties seeing themselves as teams hell bent on beating each other.
I think this is the only thing the democrats and the republicans truly stand for. It's sad but true. :cry:

The bad

1. Failing to acknowledge center-right individuals might have legitimate beliefs
An example of this is in the states rights discussion. If you legitimately believe in states rights than you're in a no-win situation as you get called a racist for arguing your belief. Not everything is a dog whistle even if some people use it as such. I'm mostly pro-choice, but don't think all anti-abortionists are misogynists. I believe some truly believe abortion is murder, while others are misogynists.

2. Failing to acknowledge fully that a lot of these tactics are adopted by extreme leftists as well.
Occasional lip service is given to this, especially in the boat of theseus video, but I have observed a lot of these arguments by leftists as well.

3. Failing to acknowledge leftist hypocrisy.
On point that hypocrisy abounds on the right, but it also abounds on the left. The hilarious section was when he was doing the "What do you actually believe?" section. That could easily be turned around on the left, as they believe all the same things just in opposite. For example he sets the example of "Do you want guns to protect yourself from the government or believe the police are great protectors" The counter question would be "Do you think the police are a terrorist occupying force or that you don't need guns to protect against them." Hypocrisy abounds on both sides.

In general I think the video maker had some good analysis of why bad rhetoric is effective, and some sober points on the state of our political system. I do think the video maker was blind to his own side's bad behavior, and doesn't understand why he may get some pushback from moderates who don't like left extremists anymore than the alt-right.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 4:27 am

Crimadella wrote:
There is plenty of hate to go around on all sides.

True dat...
There are a-hole extremists on both sides of the politic divide...<shrug>