Page 5 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Cortez is a moron middle class women, she didn’t grow up in the hood, I grew up right beside housing projects. You also have an odd, unrealistic view of politics, most people are aware that there are people who care and fight for equal rights on both sides, only dillusional people think their side is the only side which contains good people which fight for the rights of all. You apparently don't keep up with Cortez, she has a negative rating and pretty much cheated to get elected, her approval rate was like 22 the last time I heard, and dropping. She is saying it's because of old white republicans, the truth is the more democrats learn about her the lower her approval rate drops. She screwed them out of a lot of jobs, people aren't happy about that. She is only popular among regressive leftists, and there aren't that many in her own city. She only had around 1600 votes out of over 100thousand people.

And yet she has the backing of Al Sharpton and "excited" the largely African American audience she gave a speech to??
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/2020 ... ?r=US&IR=T

As I said your perception is unlikely to be a great gauge of African American voters. In the same way left leaning news outlets didn't gauge the white voter mood in 2016.

I wow, AL is backing her? The guy that a lot of blacks tend to make fun of? That's pretty unimpressive.

The fact that the majority of black have been tricked by the democratic party is only evidence of the deception tactics of democrats, someone already quoted one of them here, "I'll have those n***** voting democrat for 200 years". I'm not a conservative, neither is Trump, that's why conservatives don't like him either, he is not a team player. Also, there is a huge surge of blacks converting to conservatives, I amigine there are going to be alot more blacks voting conservative, I base that off of the thousands of videos on youtube of blacks saying they are walking away from the democratic party.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:14 am

Trump is an isolationist populist. He wants to be the CEO of the United States, Inc.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:30 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump is an isolationist populist. He wants to be the CEO of the United States, Inc.

What is that even supposed to mean? Because of his ego, he wants to go down as the best president in history, in order to do that he has to help america out, which In my opinion and as the economy reflects, he is doing a great job. I try to focus on his policy that is improving our economy. I think the reason his economy is doing great is because he is doing things to help small business out and isn't part of the corporations that normally influence america.

You loose me when you say things like he wants to be the CEO of America, america has no CEO. You loose me when you say he wants to restrict free speech for saying that media organization that constantly lie about him are fake news, if he is such a speech policer, then why did he sign a bill to ensure college and university campuses are allowed free speech?

In my mind, there is a huge difference in calling out particular news sources that have been lying the entire time he has been in office , that's completely different from attempting to produce policy that restricts speech, that he has not done. If media were to constantly lie about me I would call them fake news also, in reality, that's what they are. There are polls that reflect that also, a huge majority, around 70% of the population, has no confidence in media reports.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:41 am

Trump tries to stifle people who oppose him; it's well-known. Any little criticism sets him off. He goes on Twitter frenzies on a rather frequent basis.

I feel like you like Trump because he isn't like the Clintons----or like established politicians in general. Like he's a maverick who will change things. Like he's not beholden to the "special interests." That's why many people voted for Trump--they wanted "change." I don't believe they voted for him because of some "racism" in their souls. I don't believe people for him because they felt that "there is racism against white people." They wanted a change away from the "same old crap."

I don't feel he will, ultimately, create better conditions for disabled folks. He's not an advocate for them. He's more an advocate for Americans who feel they don't get a fair shake in the international business sense. And for people who believe in Social Darwinism----"dog eats dog."

I don't believe Trump will act in my own best interest. I can understand it when people say that Trump will act in THEIR own best interest.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:46 am

Because of him, we are now strong exporters again, yet another thing boosting our economy, because of his tax breaks for the rich, wages are going up, that is helping our economy, because of his tax breaks on the middle class, they have more money to work with, that is helping our economy, because of his trade deals our economy isn't getting shitted by other countries, that is helping our economy, because of his infrastructure policy, American companies are back in business and hiring more Americans, that is helping our economy and preventing China from putting our companies out of business by dumping cheap products into our economy. As I keep saying, that is a good thing because america, a country that actually pays it's people, cannot compete with a country that is allowed to push slave labor, they shouldn't be allowed to compete in the free market, keep in your mind, when you enjoy their cheap products, most of them were created by pretty much, slaves.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump tries to stifle people who oppose him; it's well-known. Any little criticism sets him off. He goes on Twitter frenzies on a rather frequent basis.

I feel like you like Trump because he isn't like the Clintons----or like established politicians in general. Like he's a maverick who will change things. Like he's not beholden to the "special interests." That's why many people voted for Trump--they wanted "change." I don't believe they voted for him because of some "racism" in their souls. I don't believe people for him because they felt that "there is racism against white people." They wanted a change away from the "same old crap."

I don't feel he will, ultimately, create better conditions for disabled folks. He's not an advocate for them. He's more an advocate for Americans who feel they don't get a fair shake in the international business sense. And for people who believe in Social Darwinism----"dog eats dog."

I don't believe Trump will act in my own best interest. I can understand it when people say that Trump will act in THEIR own best interest.

You would be correct there, along with the positive things he has already done, the reason I and most others like him has to do with, he is seperate from establishment, he is the only president in a long time that wasn't paid off by Goldman Sachs, that's why both sides pretty much hate him, he isn't bending over backwards for lobbyists for big corparations. That's why they are pretty much trying to get rid of him, that's why he has had to fight democrats and republicans with everything he has tried to do.

At the most, he is only going to have one more term, he isn't going to be our permanent president. Hopefully he gets a lot of good things done that will last, when we get another corporate authoritarian back in office we are going to be back on the normal path of screwing over Americans for corporate interests. Guess that will make everyone happy?

Last edited by Crimadella on 11 Apr 2019, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:53 am

I feel like Trump will have to win the usually "blue" states which he won in 2016 in order to have a chance in 2020. Trump won Florida by the slimmest of margins in 2016. If he doesn't win Florida and almost all those "blue" states, he doesn't stand a chance in hell. From the Electoral College viewpoint.

I feel like Trump would have a better chance if he would be an advocate for a vast training of the populace in the "new technologies." Many people are being rendered obsolete by, say, the incursion of robots into a manufacturing setting. If he doesn't get these "obsolete" people back to work, he will lose those usually "blue" states.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel like Trump will have to win the usually "blue" states which he won in 2016 in order to have a chance in 2020. Trump won Florida by the slimmest of margins in 2016. If he doesn't win Florida and almost all those "blue" states, he doesn't stand a chance in hell. From the Electoral College viewpoint.

I feel like Trump would have a better chance if he would be an advocate for a vast training of the populace in the "new technologies." Many people are being rendered obsolete by, say, the incursion of robots into a manufacturing setting. If he doesn't get these "obsolete" people back to work, he will lose those usually "blue" states.

I have hope he will win, Tim Pool straight up hates Trump yet says that it's looking like he will win 2020 by a landslide. Plus I look at the #walkaway movement spreading rapidly, all of those people are going to be voting for Trump and they aren't from 2016, there are countless videos coming out, people leaving the democratic party to vote for Trump in 2020.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 9:03 am

If he can get all those "obsolete" people trained in "new technology," and these people can find at least semi-permanent jobs within this "new technology," I believe he would stand a better chance.

I just wish Trump would be more inclined to cooperate with other countries in the world, rather than be an adversary to them.

No....I'm not into "world government" or anything like that. I'm into a world where nations cooperate with each other, while also looking after their own best interests.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 9:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If he can get all those "obsolete" people trained in "new technology," and these people can find at least semi-permanent jobs within this "new technology," I believe he would stand a chance.

I just wish Trump would be more inclined to cooperate with other countries in the world, rather than be an adversary to them.

No....I'm not into "world government" or anything like that. I'm into a world where nations cooperate with each other, while also looking after their own best interests.

I understand cooperating with other countries, what I don't understand is how the US getting screwed over on trade agreements = us cooperating with them, we have to make sure our country survives. I've been watching Tucker Carlson a lot lately, the only person on Fox I actually like and Trust. Some of his opinions I don't like but you're never going to like every opinion a person has, we are all individuals thus you can always find an area where you disagree with someone. Like us at WP for example, when I did my poll, I was shocked to see that most WP members are politically in the middle, I think most of us agree on what's right we just disagree on the details. Like Tucker Calson said, is Trump the best thing for America? No, there are a lot of areas where he doesn't know what he is doing but he is surrounded by people who do know what they are doing. He said that there are some things he is not capable of getting done but regardless, we needed trump because corporate authoritarians have taken over both political parties. We needed Trump to come in and fix these trade deals and stop just giving our money away to other countries. We do a lot of things that makes no sense, I understand having morals and trying to help others, but it's pointless to do that when you sacrifice the stability of your own country to help others, Just like it would be foolish for you to help me out if it means you will go broke and loose your home in the process. hurting yourself means one day you want be here to help anything. I'm tired of seeing our government put other countries before us, we have very bad neighborhoods in dire need of help, we need to ensure we help our country, put us before them. It makes no sense to abandon your own citizens and help people thousands of miles away. I know Trump hasn't done much to help our poverty riddled neighbor hoods, but neither has anyone else. Just giving people free money isn't helping them, give a guy a fish versus teach a guy to fish. We really need to take some of that foreign aid and use it to help our citizens that are stuck in poverty, they need to help out this horrible culture that is spreading, we need to teach these people how to be parents so there children can grow up and be successful. That's what I want to see happen, sadly I don't ever think that will happen, no matter who the president is. I see that as a failure on local government also. Like the issue in Seattle, local government is profiting off of the homeless, using the funds for the homeless to make money for themselves which is of course causing chaos. Things like that should be transparent, and people who get caught stealing money that was suppose to be for helping the homeless out should get prosecuted and serve time in prison.

Even a lot of the people I like watching don't really like Trump but say he was needed though, because we have pretty much been taken over bu corporate authoritarians within both parties. We seriously need to do something about all these lobbyists corrupting our politicians and getting them to do things for corporate interests. The government is suppose to work for the people, not for the biggest corporations. After Trump, we are going to go right back to helping corporations rather than people, that's why I'm not eager to see him go.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 9:46 am

What I don't like in Trump is his hard-headed "executive" style.

I don't feel he "delegates" enough to people "in the know"---especially if they contradict what Trump is feeling at the moment. He has let go a good many decent people. He does not create a work environment in the White House conducive to progress. He wants hegemony and dominance over all things, even things he is not "expert" at.

He can advocate for our country. I am all for negotiating trade agreements for our benefit. But he has to stop seeming to be an adversary to the world's other leaders. Otherwise, instability within the world could increase. And we would be left in the lurch by those countries (allies who have become adversaries). People would feel the instability, and seek out the "old order" with the "corporate special interests," etc.

He is not playing the "chess game of the world" properly. I do believe it's fair, say, that the Palestinians are given sovereignty alongside Israel. I feel like moving the Israeli capital to East Jerusalem was a mistake, and showed quite a bit of arrogance and presumption. How about the Christians and Muslims who also consider Jerusalem a "holy city?"

If only he would seek to present the United States in a better light within the whole world.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 1:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What I don't like in Trump is his hard-headed "executive" style.

I don't feel he "delegates" enough to people "in the know"---especially if they contradict what Trump is feeling at the moment. He has let go a good many decent people. He does not create a work environment in the White House conducive to progress. He wants hegemony and dominance over all things, even things he is not "expert" at.

He can advocate for our country. I am all for negotiating trade agreements for our benefit. But he has to stop seeming to be an adversary to the world's other leaders. Otherwise, instability within the world could increase. And we would be left in the lurch by those countries (allies who have become adversaries). People would feel the instability, and seek out the "old order" with the "corporate special interests," etc.

He is not playing the "chess game of the world" properly. I do believe it's fair, say, that the Palestinians are given sovereignty alongside Israel. I feel like moving the Israeli capital to East Jerusalem was a mistake, and showed quite a bit of arrogance and presumption. How about the Christians and Muslims who also consider Jerusalem a "holy city?"

If only he would seek to present the United States in a better light within the whole world.

I mean, I can agree with all of that, it kinda takes a arrogant president to undo all the wrongs from the previous presidents, he most certainly makes mistakes, thankfully we do not have permanent presidents, so it's not as if he is going to screw everything up in 8 years. He is doing a lot of good things, I say that makes up for the bad things. To me, he has done a lot of good things that would have never been accomplished by another, our typical president loves sticking it to us and looking out for the interest of other countries while running america into the ground and bowing to all the corrupt lobbyists. How I see it, when we get a new president they will be able to fix the areas where he failed, hopefully people will see how the good things he has done is actually working and building our economy and hopefully not undo them. I don't think presidents normally want to destroy our economy, but they do tend to look out for corporations way more than they do the american people. That is the benefit of having Trump. It's always a gamble how the president will work out, usually you can just count on them to keep us on the path of a failing economy, he has done good things to greatly help that area. I bet you, if he gets a second term, the economy will continue to improve. If we get someone else too soon, they are probably going to reverse all he has done and put us right back in the shitter. So the summary is, he will not be here for ever, the things he messes up can be fixed by the next president, the things he is doing to help our country are things no one else would have done. People could have tried to fix all these trade deals a long time ago yet no one ever seems to do it. I can agree he screws up a lot but I think the things he is doing to help us will benefit us in the long run and it would have continued to be ignored if he hadn't made it into office. I really like the fact that he addressed the issue with china ruining out economy, putting our businesses out of business by dumping cheap materials into our country. They have an ongoing attempt to destroy our economy and it took Trump to come in and do something about it. They are also attacking our honey supplies, they keep trying to go through other countries dumping cheap and sometimes fake honey in our country putting our honey suppliers out of business and the honey they are pushing through here isn't that healthy and often not bee honey. We have a block on them from doing it so what they keep doing is pushing it through other countries, then to us. It's a really big issue, I watched a documentary on it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 3:13 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Like I said the left seems to need racism and racial inequality perceived as going strong to win votes. Seems to need to portray the right as white supremacist enimies. Needs to perpetuate a division.

Or is it that no one but the left in the modern world sees fighting racism to be at the heart of their idealism?

What if fighting equals perpetuating?

How much is fighting and how much is political propaganda?

And how will it be decided that the war is over?

Or is the war supposed to have no end in sight?

Fighting racism perpetuates it? No, it's racists who resent seeing people they consider inferior finally getting a fair shake.
To say that fighting racism is propaganda denies the existence of racial discrimination.
Who knows if the war on racism will ever be over. It certainly isn't over in the here and now.

What is the left, especially leftwing media doing to eliminate the division?

Again, the problem lies with racist resentment, rather than legitimate grievances.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 3:31 pm

Yea, I mean, they shouldn't be pushing to put some races above others, laws in place that will deny someone a job because of their race or promoting segregation, how dare the republicans do that....o wait, that's the democrats doing that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 5:37 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
What do you mean by equal access?

Entrenched white privilege that limits minorities access to the same employment, health, education opportunities that whites currently have access to

A simple example is black entrepreneurs who find themselves unable to form networks with white business partners so unable to translate (or expand) an idea into a productive business. There are subtle glass ceilings and let's not forget that women and gays face similar glass ceilings,.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 5:41 pm

I believe we should stop discrimination against minorities. I believe there remains discrimination against minorities. And I believe we should fight against that.

But I don't believe most whites are the recipient of "white privilege."

Try asking white people in the Appalachians, who live in shacks with no heat or running water, whether they have "white privilege."

I don't believe talking about "reparations" and "white privilege" is going to get people on your "side."